How Deep In Doodoo Am I? Mold!

Seabreeze1993

I found the source of my mold smell. I guess I should have pulled the overhead cushion back further before buying my 1993 Seabreeze. I probably would have bought her anyway though.

Here is what I can see. Window leaking under wall paper and dripping into the seam. Seam is mushy. The actual wall still feels solid, but the wallpaper is no longer adhered to the wall.

Is there any way to put a stop to this without tearing anything out? I was thinking about caulking the window and caulking closed the smelly seam. Is this a bad idea? Does anyone know how much this might cost to have it professionally repaired or how difficult it would be to cut out the moldy part? Hopefully the part that needs to be removed, if any, is the bed under the cushion near the wall and not the wall itself.

Thank you for any help!

post-7904-0-60134000-1408804164_thumb.jp

Remove the window and reinstall it with butyl tape. While it's out you might be able to get in there and make sure the water was only coming from the window and not from up higher like the roof or a clearance light. Water runs under the paneling and it's sometimes difficult to determine from exactly where. Leave it out for a while in fact and pry the paneling out just a little so it can dry out in there. Windows just unscrews and outer window separates from inner rim. Not hard to do

Linda S

Well... Here we go!!! I think the water damage goes across the entire overhead. Any advice as I get into this is appreciated. I am tearing our the floor and drivers side wall under the window of the overhead. Fortunately my father is helping with his tools and expertise. I will post more photos as this project progresses. So much for my mint 1993 Seabreeze. It's now a project! ???

post-7904-0-99800500-1408815047_thumb.jp