Since I drive for an auto parts store, I can get parts wholesale. As I look under the hood of the 1986 Toyota Pickup, I'm thinking maybe I should replace some of this stuff. Less things to worry about. Any ideas on parts I could replace just for the halibut? Already got new battery, alternator, wires, plugs, belts.

I get parts at cost from NAPA since a friend of mine owns the store. But I usually get Toyota parts much cheaper from Rockauto when sold on close-outs.

I stock up on many parts when dirt cheap and carry some with me. I don't tend to install them though unless needed. Different people worry about different things. I like having an extra electronic ignition parts on board as well as a new electric fuel pump. I also carry some good used parts, e.g. an extra computer, starter, etc.

Replace the hoses, especially the "hidden" hose under the alternator

Something that is often overlooked is changing your coolant...Some folks think that because it is protected adequately to -30........that this is OK.. not...

When selecting a coolant...stick with the GOOD STUFF>......a lot of the less expensive coolant lacks the corrosion inhibitors of the brand name & although it will offer anti-freeze protection......it will not offer the protection that your engine needs......Donnie