No A/C Power from Dometic Generator

I just aquired and 83 Dolphin and am having issues with the stock Dometic generator. The generator runs, but I'm not getting any power to the outlets and AC unit.

I hooked up my multi-meter to the outputs located inside the outlet box on top of the main breaker of the generator and did not measure any voltage.

Anyone have any ideas on how else to troubleshoot this generator?

2124503570102175770LXHTzF_th.jpg

2561981910102175770hZbpWG_th.jpg

post-1151-1190605899_thumb.jpg

post-1151-1190605926_thumb.jpg

post-1151-1190605963_thumb.jpg

If it's toggle breaker, pull it out and check the continuity. Also click it all the way off and back on again. Actually, it looks like it might be a push on/push off type. Sometimes they don't trip all the way off. A breaker that old could have worn points or springs. If it's a removable buss type fuse remove it and check the continuity. Do all this with the generator off.

You're correct it's a push-on and push-off breaker. I may need to pull the entire generator unit out of the storage compartment in order to remove the cover and get to the breaker.

A few more questions related to A/C power...

1. Should I have A/C power from the outlets when the engine is off?

2. Or A/C power is only provided when the generator is on?

3. How can I run the overhead Air Cond. unit and power the A/C outlets from the deep cycle battery?

Right now I only have power to the lights and pumps when I switch to battery (toggle switch between inverter and battery inside coach) and the main power supply is connected to the generator output. However when I'm connected to shore power, I have power to run the overhead AC unit and also the AC outlets work.

You're correct it's a push-on and push-off breaker. I may need to pull the entire generator unit out of the storage compartment in order to remove the cover and get to the breaker.

A few more questions related to A/C power...

1. Should I have A/C power from the outlets when the engine is off?

2. Or A/C power is only provided when the generator is on?

3. How can I run the overhead Air Cond. unit and power the A/C outlets from the deep cycle battery?

Right now I only have power to the lights and pumps when I switch to battery (toggle switch between inverter and battery inside coach) and the main power supply is connected to the generator output. However when I'm connected to shore power, I have power to run the overhead AC unit and also the AC outlets work.

Under normal conditions, all of your coach interior lights, water pump, furnace fan, etc run off of your 12VDC deep cycle battery which is kept charged through your engine generator (or solar system). When hooked into shore power or running off of an AC generator these items will still be powered by 12VDC but it will come from your 12VDC system and your battery will be kept charged by the converter/charger located somewhere in your cabin. The overhead air conditioner runs only on 120VAC. No 120VAC power will be available at the outlets unless you are running your AC generator or hooked into shore power. Sometimes an inverter will be wired into the AC electical system but cannot power any AC appliance that exceeds the average power produced by the inverter, this definitely includes the air conditioner. In my opinion, if you use an inverter it should not be wired into your AC electrical system but have it's own outlet(s).

Ansers to questions:

1. Power is only available to outlets whenever the AC generator is running or hooked into shore power. Sometimes an inverter is wired into the circuit and AC power can be provided at the outlets and the engine does not need to be running.

2. Same answer as for question #1.

3. You can't, unless you have a monster of an inverter and deep cycle battery.