Want To Camp On The Colorado River In The Grand Junction Co Area

gr8white

Where can I go to camp on the CO River in the Grand Junction area. I prefer dispersed primitive camping and I am going Thurs morning. I can't seem to find something on the River. Grand Junction is on my way to Vegas which is why I want to go here.

Hey WME. That is a great idea! Me and my friend decided to go to Moab Utah. Thanks so much! We would like to camp maybe close to the river without people by us. Doesnt have to be close its beautiful out there. Any idea where we can go?

Follow HWY 128 into Moab. It runs along the river for 35 miles. Lots of camp grounds. There has got to be some BLM land.

The only draw back is that 128 runs right along the river and there will be some traffic noise.

In Co I70 runs along river between Grand Junction and the border, just keep your eyes peeled for small towns and take a look see at what's around.

Hey WME. That is a great idea! Me and my friend decided to go to Moab Utah. Thanks so much! We would like to camp maybe close to the river without people by us. Doesnt have to be close its beautiful out there. Any idea where we can go?

We have camped around Moab for the last couple years to ride our trikes on the slickrock MTB trails.

Hiway #128 has lots of camping spots like WME says, but they are all right next to the road. It's over 100F there now so that may keep the traffic down and it won't be so noisy or crowded. Beautiful spots right on the river.

There is no dispersed camping around Moab itself, just some pay campgrounds. We like Sand Flats, $10 a night right outside of town, no river, nice desert, some nice spots away from other campers. The nearest BLM dispersed we found is on the way into Canyonlands Nat'l Park on Hyw #313 about 6-8 miles in on the right. No river, all desert, and camping spots are spread out over miles.