Replacing My Interior Lights With Lcd

gr8white

I have the typical dual lights in my 5th wheel and the bulbs look like car tail light bulbs. The only way that I can id the bulbs that I have are 12v 21cp. I am not sure what to search for on the net since i used this code and found nothing. Camping world says they have them but they are 63.00 for 6! They say they will match any price and I know i can find them cheaper. I have only 2 more days in MO and would like to get this done before I leave for KS.

You could just do what most of us have done and order simple LED lights from Ebay and install them yourself if you are somewhat handy, they are cheap and work awesome.

The only way that I can id the bulbs that I have are 12v 21cp.

You need to know what the standard bulb-base type is. Then you need the measurement of the LED area itself to ascertain if it will fit into your light fixture. LED assemblies are bigger then standard bulbs to make equal lumens of light. So they have to be wider or longer.

post-6578-0-93340300-1405079259_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-86544700-1405079260_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-64424100-1405079261_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-06883700-1405079263_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-37503000-1405079264_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-34872900-1405079265_thumb.jp

These look great and the price is right. I think I will get these. I hope they fit.

They fit everywhere I've put then in my 91 Dolphin coach and on the back-up and turn signals on the Toyota.
But if used for the turn signal lamp you will have to add a resistor to keep the relay happy or replace the relay. I found a 100 ohm resistor wired across the rear signal bulbs will let me use any combination of lamp/led and everything works. The stock flasher will flash fast with the led's, which I like. The turn on and turn off time for these led is instant so between the high light output of the led and the fast flashing it's really eyecatching. :) :)

These look great and the price is right. I think I will get these. I hope they fit.

That's what I have. Fit everything but the small overhead swivel-lights in my Minicruiser. That protruding round ridge on the LEDs just about the base where the LED area starts interferes with some RV light fixtures.

The 1141 standard bulb consumes at least 10 times more current than an LED bulb...rated at close to the same output.

I replaced 2 of my 1141's with LED bulbs rated at 160 lumens & am very pleased with the light in the small area in my Chinook. I chose the bright white as opposed to the warm yellow...The lens is opaque & that tones down the brightness considerably

I am not concerned with the tail lights or other driving lights as the engine is running when they are on. Only concerned while parked & using my house battery, which as some of you may recall is now running my 12 volt Norcold....LOVE THAT FRIG ! ! park anywhere..No more leveling. I was never fortunate enough to have push button levelers on any of my coaches....Oak 2x6's & a bay 1/2 full for the Flex & a lot of time leveling.

MY old IC41 Brill, I had the large propane Dometic mounted on a base that I could swivel if the coach was off kilter...still miss that bus...

if I still had her I would stick a Cummings in it & never look back.............Donnie

Would there be any problem with mixing LED bulbs and incandescent bulbs in the same fixture?

I wouldn't think so, but why would you want to.? LED'S are cool to touch & consume so little electricity..Unless cost is a factor.& it can be.

They can be a bit costly,,Actually a lot more costly.........But I think once you use them, you will consider it money well spent..

I have them in our cabin (house) & love them....Not the curly Q florescent type....I just don't like them.. Had too many early failures with them & they are not true Light emitting Diodes............plus the mercury......just my opinion......Donnie

If you're cheap like me, you might want to consider what lights you actually use. National RV sure didn't skimp on lights! I count 14 in my coach. Some of which I never use.

Would there be any problem with mixing LED bulbs and incandescent bulbs in the same fixture?

No problem at all. You might find out you WANT to mix - depending on the quality of the light from the LEDs. Some LEDS make a very harsh light while others near as good as incandescent. Try and see. LED bulbs for household use now have light-quality rating systems so you have some idea before you buy. I haven't seen that yet with small RV and automotive bulbs.