Fridge Thermostat Bad?

My Dometic fridge freezes everything solid on 110V but on gas it's 40 degrees no matter where I set the thermostat. I guess the thermostat is bad unless something else can cause poor cooling. Can I get and replace that myself? The beer is not quite cold enough.

Edited by canman47

Your fridge unit itself is working properly (boiler, evaporator, condenser) if it works on 110VAC.

I would start looking at the burner assembly. If the burner jet orifice is restricted or the burner itself is sooted up, there won't be enough heat produced to boil the ammonia and consequently it won't cool properly.

You'll need to download the manual for your particular unit and look for the technical section about R&R of the burner and associated parts.

It will tell you what the flame should look like and how to set it up.

Be sure to practice safe propane gas procedures.

Thanks. Now that you mention it I remember cleaning the orifice on my older Dometic fridge and that fixed it. It was simple on that one but this one is more complex so I guess I'll be looking fo the manual.

OK, stupid oversight on my part. I took apart the burner and cleaned it and the orofice and blew everything out but still a very small burner flame. Then I noticed the inlet shutoff valve which was mounted with the handle behind the pipe so hard to see. Turns out it was 90% closed! All is good now but the manual says to clean the flue baffle once a year. Do you access that from the roof? The manual says to do stuff but doesn't say how to do it or even provide a picture.