Securing Hanging Cabinets

paulnptld

Can anyone offer some advice as to how to secure sagging and detaching cabinets? It isn't a major problem...yet. I've just noticed that a few of the screws have worked their way out of from the ceiling and some gaps are beginning to show. The screws also seem to be stripped. Are there other anchor points?

Thanks.

post-7306-0-71920800-1404772575_thumb.pn

Can anyone offer some advice as to how to secure sagging and detaching cabinets? It isn't a major problem...yet. I've just noticed that a few of the screws have worked their way out of from the ceiling and some gaps are beginning to show. The screws also seem to be stripped. Are there other anchor points?

Thanks.

I've had many screws strip in my 1988 Minicruiser. On the walls and the ceiling. With most - the originals were just gripping 1/4" of plywood when all was new. I used two methods to fix - depending on location. One is to put a new strip of 1/4" plywood on the area, screwed and glued. Then fasten to that. Another is to drill all the through to the outside of the RV and fasten with long stainless-steel bolts and locknuts. That requires sealing the bolts on the outside with a good sealant like Quad. I would NOT use silicone. There ARE a few spots where metal tubing supports are in the ceiling and if you can find them - you can attach with good steel self-tapping screws. Do not use stainless for that. Stainless screws are usually very soft and strip easy.