Not Receiving Notifications

Is there some trick to receiving notifications by e mail? Under my notification settings I selected to receive them by e mail but I've never received any regarding posts I've commented on or started. I have to remember to go back to the site and search for the thread which with my memory isn't a sure thing. So I won't be able to see any answers to this question unless I remember to go back and check.

I have to subscribe to a topic I've started? Doesn't make sense to me. When I click the button to Start New Topic I would think that should do it as far as keeping me notified on that post. Same with the button to Reply To This Topic. I don't see any other buttons to subscribe. I've never received any notifications about any topics that I've been involved in although I have no trouble posting and replying. I think I should be getting e mail notifications of topics I'm involved in.

Edited by canman47

I checked my notification status and found out I'm supposed to get email notices to. I have never gotten any except for personal messages. Just click follow this topic and read online for your preferred threads

Linda S

Yeah, I am used to Facebook and also another motor home site for Apollo MH's and one for Dodge trucks. They all keep me posted by e mail. If this site doesn't do that then why do they have a selection to get notifications by e mail? Why does it even ask for my e mail? I think somethings not working.

Edited by canman47

Well I do get an email when someone sends me a personal message. And we do have to send you an activation email when you join to protect the group from scammers and internet junk. Truth is I'm glad I'm not getting all those notices in my email. Too many groups and stuff to keep it all straight. Online I can just look at what I want.

Linda S

When I start a new topic the default setting is to "Follow this topic" so that should be automatic it seems. I have received a daily digest e mail 2 or 3 times but it's not consistent. I've been just logging in and rechecking my posts but that's a pain if you have several threads going at once.

Me either and both Derek and I have started plenty of threads. I never click follow this thread though so that might help you if it works. I have to follow all of them and don't want my email flooded with stuff so I love just looking at everything online

Linda S

I just got these messages in a "Daily Digest". I guess I selected that when I joined. It's under Notifications in Settings. When you start a topic the default setting is to "Follow this topic" which I take to mean that you will be notified of new comments. But that rarely happens so I don't even know what that selection does. It's really not that big a deal since this site doesn't have hundreds of daily comments. Just trying to understand the features that would be useful to me.