Sunrader Replacement Rear Window

85Diesel

I need a new rear window for my 85 Sunrader, mine was smashed when I bought it. I tried yesterday to buy one online through the Atwood RV Window website, but their longest window is 60" and the opening in my Sunrader is 64 3/4". Does anyone know of another option? I still have the frame of my old window so I guess I could get a custom piece of glass cut, but what about any pre-made windows? Thanks

I need a new rear window for my 85 Sunrader, mine was smashed when I bought it. I tried yesterday to buy one online through the Atwood RV Window website, but their longest window is 60" and the opening in my Sunrader is 64 3/4". Does anyone know of another option? I still have the frame of my old window so I guess I could get a custom piece of glass cut, but what about any pre-made windows? Thanks

Yeah I just got a complete set of Sunrader shorty windows. From an 87 so the rear window is bigger so you would have to make your opening a little bigger. Not width, height. I think nicer. Just have to figure out how to get it to you. PM me and we will talk. Gotta go to work now

Linda

Follow-up on this. Yes I do have a window but I told 85diesel to call around to auto window places and get a price on having new tempered glass made for his frame. He found a place willing to do it for only about 150 bucks. Way cheaper than even the cost of gas to get the one I have to him. Great price for a really big window

Linda S

• 3 years later...
On 6/13/2014 at 0:29 PM, linda s said:

Yeah I just got a complete set of Sunrader shorty windows. From an 87 so the rear window is bigger so you would have to make your opening a little bigger. Not width, height. I think nicer. Just have to figure out how to get it to you. PM me and we will talk. Gotta go to work now

Linda

Wow. this is an old post but I posted a search and this came up as the result. I have recently acquired an 85 Shorty that was laying in an overgrown yard for the last 7 years.

Sadly it was converted to a hot dog vending cart and the previous owner hacked in a horizontal sliding window and screwed into the shell to mount a counter in order to service his customers.

Well.. he's gone now and the rig was sitting.. It used to have the smaller rear picture window commonly found in the Shortys with wrap around dinette, ( I guess the larger windows came in 86 86 or 87 with only side seating?) anyway.. Im researching sources to find a replacement. Linda, do you still have this window kicking around? and if so is it the one that requires the 66.5 x 30.25" opening?

Thanks!

p.s. I'm also looking for the ladder..

Apparently it was cut off to clear the counter.. Savage!

jon

Hackedwindow.jpg

Edited by Sigmaz

I do but I'm in northern California. Not something I would even try to ship. And I don't have the trim ring for the inside. It's what holds the window in place. That window doesn't look all that bad. At least it opens unlike regular Sunrader windows

Linda S

Thanks though..

Yes,  it opens but it's a hack job to say the least.

Today i started to tear into the rig. Dinette is out and I see I'll need to repair a few areas of the floor.. the roof has a sag around the ac as well.

this window will be one of the last things to be taken care of but I thought I'd just start lining up resources and parts