New Arrivals

Derek up North

6 pups. Mom's a 3yr old Husky, dad could be any of the stray dogs in the Inu village we flew her out of!

Young animals are so cute! I guess nature does that to make us feel guilty about getting rid of them. #1 reason why my wife and I were lousy farmers. Hope you can find good homes for them unless you plan on keeping them all.

I'd love to keep all our animals. That's a big problem when you have a farm and have animals that produce milk and get pregnant a lot. It's the reason why we just took a trip in our Toyota RV with a cat, dog, and chickens inside with us.

The lady next door to me in northern Michigan is in jail now for trying to care for "too many" animals. She had goats, pigs, mules, horses, elk, deer, dogs, emus, a hinny, donkeys, geese, etc.

Her heart was in the right place but maybe not so good at caring for them all. She got kind of a raw deal and the press blew things WAY out of proportion. The animals were not starving to death as reported. One vet on the TV news claimed that the trees had bark chewed off them. He claimed that was evidence of starvation. THAT is nonsense. We had a few horses and goats that would much rather ruin a tree then eat fresh grass, hay, or grain.

Many of the animals were later destroyed. But when the "good guys" kill animals - it's called "euthanizing":, not "killing."

post-6578-0-43228200-1402589672_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-07988800-1402589674_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-92310100-1402589674_thumb.jp

When we flew out the 2 that are now with me:-

10009897_222753911266432_1746586870_n.jp

and suspected they were both pregnant, some suggested I have them sterilized and aborted at the same time. We'd flown them out to save them from a 'cull' and to me sterilizing & aborting was much the same thing, just done by a vet and not by locals with their guns.

Grisou (the Husky) had a litter of 8 in November. One puppy (Kira) was lucky enough to survive starvation, freezing and being thrown in the river by local kids. Here's a picture of them together:-

1979623_10152691103064488_942483713_n.jp

They will all be sterilized before going to adopters.

• 4 months later...