So What Should I Do First?

whyverne14

I'm going to pick up the 86 Dolphin tomorrow. I'm thinking safety check. It's a newly rebuilt engine and the owner said change the oil even though it's clean. He also suggested balancing the rear tires. He thinks they're a bit off. I'm nervous as heck, I never had such a thing. Excited but worried. I mean he showed me everything once, here's how to start the hot water heater, here's how to do the furnace, the stove; and I'm thinking "Boy, I'm getting old, how much of this am I going to remember?".

There's an RV Park not too far from my house. I was thinking about going up there next weekend for a check trip. That way I'd have people to ask and I'd be close to home if we have problems. I want to be on the road the weekend after that.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank this forum for all the advice. It was nice to check for the 6 bolt axle, tranny cooler and all that other stuff that one is supposed to have on these things.

You have 6 tires balance all of them, that way if you feel any strange vibes then it isn't tires. Use a smart phone and take a video when somebody shows you how something works.

Put your worries aside! Your gonna love it. Camp the first night at home video how to do things, and make a list of what needs fixing, some might be more urgent than others. Check your propane connections for leaks-soapy water in a spray bottle. Check your suspension out, they may be tired. Best way to works things out is to use it! Enjoy