What Sized Pressure Regulator Do I Need For External Propane Tank?

I have a 1992 Toyota Winnebago spirit Itasca. The half size refrigerator in the coach works great with the internal tank. I'm going to Mexico where they do not have many facilities that can fill the RV style tanks. I have a t fitting and valve I inserted in my line downstream of the original regulator because there was not enough room to tap into the existing line between the existing tank and the existing regulator. I want to use a 20 pound cylinder and bought a new braided flex line which has a 20 pound pressure regulator. When I tried to light my refrigerator it sounds like a flame in the wind, kind of noisy. It will not light. It burns for a few seconds, but it starts normally, quietly, and works great with the original horizontal internal cylinder. I think that it's getting too much pressure at 20 pounds. I consulted my RV manual and my coach and Norcold manual do not state what pressure the OEM regulator is, and have no idea what kind of pressure the standard RV horizontal tank is maintaining. Does anyone out there know? By the way the gas stove seems a little sluggish to light with the new 20 pound regulator so maybe it's not getting enough pressure. I am baffled.

Yes way too much. The pressure is measured in inches of water it is the amount of pressure needed to raise 11" of water in a tube or some thing less than 5 psi.

If you look at the face of your factory installed tank regulator there should be a stamping somewhere that gives the psi rating.

20# is way too much pressure.

Thanks. I have such a rig / adapter hose already that is sold by the Mr Heater people and its intended use is for a propane heater. However it does not supply enough gas to keep my refrigerator going. It will light but it won't stay lit very long and it won't cool anything. I suppose I'm going to have to go to a gas / supplier so they can make something up. It seems there is a pressure drop when ever you run more in 10 feet and also an issue about 10 psi out of the main tank you get some kind of oily deposit inside your line.