Has anyone added an auxiliary automatic transmission oil cooler to the 4 speed auto?

I have a '92 Warrior with V-6, auto & air. There has been some excellent discussion in the forum

on the subject but I'm wondering if anyone has actually installed one and could recommend what unit to

buy, how to install it(in line or parallel), where to install (there's not a lot of room up front) etc. I'm

thinking a remote unit with a fan might be a good choice since it might be possible to mount it somewhere

away from the rad.

Thanks,

Voicemaker

Have an aux. on my rig. Get the biggest one you can stuff into the space in front of the radiator. I pulled out the plastic grill to get working room, it's very easy to re-install the grill afterward. Install the aux. in series with the tranny cooler in the radiator. The radiator fluid is HOT when it hits the rad cooler. They put the rad cooler in water that can get to 220 degrees Farenheit to cool the tranny fluid, so how hot is the tranny fluid when it gets there? Putting the aux. cooler after the rad cooler will cool the fluid even more. Hope this helps.

Your 92 should have a factory installed aux cooler. It also has a lockup converter. This makes it run much cooler than the older units with a 43d trannie. Get a trannie temp gauge and see how hot it gets. You may be trying to fix something that isnt broke