Is This Overpriced?

fred heath

I just bought a 1993 Winnebago Itasca Spirit that is like new. 2 owners, no kids, pets, or smoking. 74,500 miles, V6 will all major mechanical records. $10,000. It does need tires tho.

I need to introduce myself sometime in the future!

Dana

It does look like a nice RV and it is spring. Love is in the air and this guy really loves his RV.

Welcome Dana

$15k for 50k miles seems on the higher end of reasonable.

these are getting older and finding a creampuff is becoming a longer process.

I looked for 3 years solid to find my 1991 V-6 shorty (18') Sunrader and when I did find it it was 3k miles away on the left coast. It had just under 30k miles, one owner (+ one flipper), garage kept, the epitome of what a cream puff should be. I was after 1 model year, one body style, and one manufacturer. Not many 91 shorties made as they closed shop mid year 1991.

I don't want to say what I paid for it but it was tall money.

I've put a lot of $$ into modifications to the suspension and other parts (2kw inverter, genset, custom other things too like custom ECU programing, free flow air intake, and rear end re-gearing).

AND... I built a garage to keep only the Sunrader in.... ( well and the lawn mower)

DONE_zps1b9ccdae.jpg

who can blame the guy in North Carolina for asking $15,000 for his rig if he was dumb enough to pay $5000 to Camping World for a roof on a tiny RV. What a dumb shXx. He will probably have to wait till fall to find a sucker to get that kind of money for that rig.

Hi, my name is Nick. I just signed up with the forum as I finally became the proud owner of a 1992 Warrior. My family and I were on vacation a couple weeks ago and on the way back we bought the Winnie. I paid $8K and it is in great shape with 30K miles on it after our 900mi trip home in it. I am still trying to figure everything out on it, but we are going on our true maiden voyage tomorrow. I've seen similar here in CO with 60K+mi going for $10K to $14K. I haven't seen a Gulfstream for sale though, but everything seems to be basically the same. (If that statement is blasphemy in the Toyota RV world, I apologize. I am a long time Toyota supporter, but new to the RVs.) :oD Good luck Fred. Sorry I wasn't able to offer anything of value.

Hi, my name is Nick. I just signed up with the forum as I finally became the proud owner of a 1992 Warrior. My family and I were on vacation a couple weeks ago and on the way back we bought the Winnie. I paid $8K and it is in great shape with 30K miles on it after our 900mi trip home in it. I am still trying to figure everything out on it, but we are going on our true maiden voyage tomorrow. I've seen similar here in CO with 60K+mi going for $10K to $14K. I haven't seen a Gulfstream for sale though, but everything seems to be basically the same. (If that statement is blasphemy in the Toyota RV world, I apologize. I am a long time Toyota supporter, but new to the RVs.) :oD Good luck Fred. Sorry I wasn't able to offer anything of value.

I'm the happy owner of a 1979 Galavan. Not looking for myself, just putting it out for discussion.

Well I can only say I paid 10K for mine and have 14.5K in reciepts for major work done by others. That's not counting many many trips to various hardware and supply stores, and several thousand at Camping World. Wonder how much I could recover in spring?? Not too much is seems, but I just did what was necessary to get a good rig that also looks great, almost like new. :)

john

Nick, welcome to the forum! I am pretty sure you will be happy with your Warrior. Many think its windows are smaller compared to other but build quality is decent. You will find vast info. here in the forum. My '90 Itasca has been a joy to own.

Thanks Nam. I appreciate it. We enjoyed our trip this weekend. Just have a couple bugs to fix then we will be set! I haven't had any problems with the windows. Just the rearmost window that I cannot see traffic behind me out of. I look forward to learning from this group and contributing where I can!