Re-cover the cab over?

johnkimble

John

On our Dolphin it is not just the covers that are in bad shape. We have found that the foam inside is turning into dust. In our case all of it has to go. The same applies to the drivers and passenger seats, the bench and the "captains" chairs. All of the foam is basically so oxidised that its time is over.

Well I took the covers off the couch and the foam inside appeared to be in good shape. It wasn't crumbling or turning to dust so thats a good sign. I am not feeling to confident about the cab over because it looks like where there once was a zipper someone decided duct tape looks better. the whole wood on the cab over is also duct taped. That area hasn't recieved much attention yet but probably needs the most.

Mine isn't bad, but if it were like what you discribe, I think I would take a measurement and then go to a mattress manufacturing place and see what it would cost to have one made up. That is one of the reasons I have a motorhome, to know what I am sleeping on, and know nothing else is living in or on my mattress.