1987 Toyota Odyssey Electrical Issues - Need Wiring Diagram

komputer124

I have a 87 Odyessy and having problems with the electrical in the coach. I replaced the the battery in the back with a deep cycle batt but I'm only getting power when the ignition is on. I thought that the battery isolator was supposed to limit the draw from the truck power, no? Is there a switch or something that I'm missing? Does anyone have a wiring diagram?

Thanks

More info is needed. When you say "no power" do you mean from the coach battery to the 12v fixtures,or are you talking about charging voltage from the engine?

No power as in the interior lights don't work and the furnace thermostat won't turn the furnace on.

When I test the coach battery it's at 12.9v (vehicle off) and at 13.9v (vehicle on) - what that says to me is that the battery is in good shape and is getting a charge from the truck alternator.

That being said i'm thinking that there is a break in the circuit between the coach batt and the interior lights and furnace.

I'm concerned that the owner before me did some electrical work of his own... not sure I have an email out to him.

I tested the 4 glass fuses with a multi meter and they are all working correctly.

I'm not really sure I wanna start ripping things apart if it's something simple that i'm just missing. Maybe there's a bad ground on the coach battery? Is it normal for all the lights to work when the truck in running and then when the truck is off the lights will stay on for a while but then after about 30 mins they will die. The truck never has a problem starting so i'm not really sure where there power's coming from.

Thoughts?

I hate electrics!! :)

With what you've got going on at the moment, why not disconnect the truck/starter battery after you switch off the engine to see if your lights are (somehow) temporarily getting power from that battery or the 'house' battery.

hahah Im starting to hate electrics too!... Tried disconnecting truck batt... everything goes black

OK when you turn the key on it supplies power to the coach battery that is normal with a relay type isolator. So what I'm, thinking you are missing a connection from the coach battery to the coach wiring many set ups have more than one connection to the coach positive terminal I would look around for a wire that is not connected to any thing some where near the coach battery. Another possibility is the isolator wire is connect directly to the fuse panel and the battery is not.