Gas Consumption For The Frig

use varies based on a number of factors.

1) outside air temp

2) how often frig is opened

3) how level frig is

4) is burner clean of soot (easy to check if you have an access panel )

5) condition of frig - an old frig or a frig that has deteriorated from abuse (like running unit not level)

I would expect a good frig running level with daytime temps in the 80's to last for 3-4 weeks if no one is going in & out.

If it is cold out it should last longer.

in a hot envirement with a lot of usage would last less.

Well very little. The flame on the fridge is tiny like the pilot light on a stove. Just a guess but I think if my tank was full, about 7 gallons, I could leave my fridge on for at least a month before the gas was gone. Maybe more

Linda S

When running on electric, it has a 120 watt heater to run the boiler, so lets assume that when it runs on LP, its about the same.

120 watts = 400 btu (per hour)

(LP is 91,500 btu per gallon)

one gallon LP should run the frig about 228 hours ( 9 1/2 days)

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto (SOLD)

What I have found the posted figures for gas consumption and what it really uses are not the same. The flame is variable controlled by the thermostat so It doesn't turn on an off just gets higher or lower. I know people that have left theirs on for a month or more not realizing it was still on. The outside temp does make a difference as does people staring into the fridge looking for something to eat. They really are not big gas consumers. If you are worried about gas consumption don't even think about turning on your water heater or furnace!