New Member With A Few Questions, Just Bought An 87 Granville

jurob

First off, great site.

Found an 87 that needs work......

Doesn't run, and has water damage in the over cab bunk and needs a lot of cosmetics.

Only has 58k miles and only 2k miles since 03. Guy I bought it from says it needs a fuel pump. He only bought it for the engine, but lost his storage and needed to get rid of it so I got it for 1k which I thought was reasonable.

Not concerned about the wood.

Got it running on carb cleaner before purchasing and it purrs like a kitten and goes into forward and reverse. Since the guy I got it from got it from another guy who also wanted the engine I really don't know how old the fuel in the tank is so I plan on draining and didn't bother seeing if could jump the pump.

Sorry about the rambling. My question is;

He included a new pump and sock which is for an 87 pickup. Is this the correct pump?

Do these rv's use all factory light duty truck parts? I'm worried a may need a gas tank, and wondering if I would need a tank from a standard hilux or if the tank is different?

Tks and can't wait till I get it on the road. Plan on a Virginia to Illinois trip in August.

before you pull the tank, you may want to use the test connector to see if the pump runs. The test connector bypass fuel cutoff relay and mass flow sensor. and forces the pump to run.

There is a drain plug on the bottom of the tank, drain the tank and see what comes out. I pulled my tank last year and was very surprised at how clean it was inside.
(I lucked out)

John MC

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I drained the gas and pulled the tank......

Rust, rust, rust!

It came with a pump so I ordered a tank and should be here in a few days in hopes that I can get it running.

I'm trying to pull the cabinets so I can put a new ceiling in. I removed all the visible screws and it looks like there are screws in the lower section of the cabinet.

Would it be easier to remove the wood on the bottom of the cabinet or the floor of the cabinet to get to the screws to take down the cabinet?