Running Lights Not Working Anymore

legendsdad

I went to replace my right side rear running light on my 1990 Toyota dolphin v6 auto, cut the wires connected to the new 2 wire light and presto, none of my running lights work now!!! Any advice would help, pretty new to the electrical side of things, thought it would be a simple replacement of an old cracked light.

Thanks in advance,

Tyler

tried two new lights cause I was gonna replace both sides, looked at the diagram and it seems it is a daisy chain and the circuit is now broken somehow, my buddy has a multimeter he is coming by tomorrow hopefully we can find the root of the problem

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am having a similar issue, where did you find another fuse box? The marker lights at the bottom back side both work but the top ones on the front and back don't. Are they really daisey changed? so I have to have all of them working or other ones might not?

91 Toyota Winnebago Warrior. I have had an intermittent problem with my clearance lights (both front and rear) - sometimes working fine, and sometimes all of them go out. All the other exterior lights worked fine. I checked all fuses and no problem. I figured there had to be a common wire that supplied both, but had no idea where this common wire would be located. Finally, I found this information that basically indicated that the external lights were supplied by a wire from the engine battery that ran to the rear of the coach. From there most of the main wiring went to the left rear light assembly, then branched out to other lights. What I found was that the wiring to both sets of clearance lights came from the rear driver's side clearance light (located on the side of the coach in the rear above the sewer drains). I "wiggled" that light fixture and all the clearance lights came on. I will eventually go in and make better connections, but for now, I have a temporary means to get the lights on again.

I do not know if all manufacturers use similar wiring procedures, but this wiring diagram may be of assistance to some people out there dealing with similar problems that I have encountered. I know this was found on a 1992 model, but it looked to be spot on for my 1991 unit. Best wishes..

http://www.winnebago...1992/105970.pdf

Winnebago is the best served for wiring diagrams. They offer them on-line back to 1990.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/Wiring.htm

I've never taken the time to check if the diagrams for the 1990 and 1992 are the same or not. They're quite possibly the same as I doubt they'd change them just for fun!!

• 1 month later...

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for an 86 Sunradar for the clearance lights???

No diagram but the circuit starts on the back passenger side from tail light area up to clearance light on the side first. Then travels around the RV across the back to drivers side, then to front , then across front to last light in circuit on passenger side

Linda S

Hello all, First post!

Lost clearance lights and rear tail lights only on my 86 Toyo Mini Cruiser (Rear blinkers, hazards & brakes work.) while upgrading clearance lights.

I believe I touched exposed + & - together. Probably should have disconnected battery but……..Live & learn right?

I checked the fuses in the cab and all good. Not sure where to go from this point.

Another question if I may?

How do I tell which wire is pos or neg? Colors are green and red. Green was positioned at the back of the bulb with red to the front in the original configuration.

Thank you in advance.

on a single element bulb the positive would go to the center contact on an common round bulb . the side of bulb or shell of socket is ground don't know if this helps you at all

on a single element bulb the positive would go to the center contact on an common round bulb . the side of bulb or shell of socket is ground don't know if this helps you at all

Much appreciated!