Electrical Diagram for a 1983 Sunrader

sharpest

I've been slowly pulling apart the interior of my '83 Sunrader (21') and replaced the roof vents. I didn't see any wiring.

'87 Sunraders are pre-wired, but don't know about the '83s. You should be able to feel the wiring thru the ceiling material, running from the side to the vent. My Indiana built Sunrader, the front vent was wired. Looking at the ones which appear to be Calif built, it appears that the A/C is located in the rear vent, which would lead me to believe that the rear vent was pre-wired. It is very easy to remove the bottom side of the vent to see if there is any wiring.

My 1983 Sunrader was not prewired for AC in either vent.

As we are going to change the interior over the next year I had the AC people go ahead and install the roof AC in the rear vent and staple the electrical connection from the interior ceiling to the inverter. It doesn't look all that bad and it's a temporay fix.

Having just returned from a trip to California from Portland, Oregon we had to have an AC. We don't have a cab AC and the temperture from Redding, California to Sacramento on I-5 south was 104 degrees. We were like a Easy Bake Oven on wheels.

A new breaker switch for the AC had to be installed as well.

We have a small enclosed trailer that is being refitted to hold our 2 x Honda EU2000i generators. Once that's done I will post a picture.

Thanks again to those who left messages.