Sunrader Gen Question

karlsbad

Usually the Sunraders are 18 or 21 ft. The fiberglas coach body is a 2 piece top and bottom clamshell. They are heavier than most Toy MH's. I like them better than all the rest and there are 2 types west and east coast. West coast has the front wrap around windows and east has 2 flat front windows. I don't know about how well they stack up on insulation. Check it out top to bottom and underneath, in cabinets every where. Don't bypass anything, make sure it has the upgraded 1 ton 6 lug rearend. My personal opinion is the manual trans is better with 4 cyl. than the over heating auto.

Yes, this was a 21ft.

There was virtually no insulation on inside of fiberglass. From winter camping experience in Class B conversion fans I can tell you there is a big difference in insultated fiberglass and not. Not means it sweats and you freeze.

This was a California or West Coast model with the wraparound front windows.

Karlsbad

"They are heavier than most Toy MH's."

I don;t know how to use this quote thing. But I don't understand this quote. I looked at the naked fiberglass and it is pretty thin. You say it is heavier than the wood/aluminum frame, lamenated, insultated, panelled, Toy MHs? How is this?

Karlsbad

I saw a sunrader pic on this site under gen. discussion ( put the saw's all down) and it has a the sandwich layout also. outside shell of thicker fiberglas then foam wood runners another layer fiberglas then paneling. Mine has outside alum. skin then the wood and foam layer then thin ply'ed veneer on walls. So its lighter but prone to leaks and wood rot and alum. corrosion threw its skin. Thats what has happened to mine. I can't save it unless i pour money into it. I can buy a newer and much better Toy for the money i would have to invest in mine.

The sunrader is manufactured much like a fiberglass boat (molded). The roof (top piece) consist of 3/16" molded fiberglass with urethane foam and plywood. These materials are bonded together to form a seamless roof structure. The floor is aluminun underbelly, followed by 1/8" plywood, 3/4" polystyrene foam, then another layer of 3/8" plywood topped by a 1/2" carpet pad and then carpet. See "See the link " for details and pics.

The title for my '87 Sunrader claims it weighed in at roughly 4700 lbs empty weight if I remember correctly.

Edited by Pat