Scooter Carrier Ready !

Nicehobbits

Will let y'all know how it holds up over the next 3 months of travel ... & the Toyota too

Yes !!! we do use our camper as originally manufactured .. To travel in .. Expected trip miles is 15,000 this time ! . ...

We are not home couch travelers !!!

Got to build my scooter transport today .. Very happy how it turned out , little more work to finish , going to add some lights too ...

Camper hardly moved when we pushed the scooter on ! .

Got our Kayaks up on the roof to ..

Soon be time to hit the road to Mexico .

How do you mount Kayaks safely on the roof?

You may like my Land Rover I built when I lived in the UK in the late 90's ... I used to off road / camp with it ... Go on a trip or two !!!!!

In 1999 I went on a road trip of 15,000 miles .. Driving from England overland to India via Europe & the then Safe Middle East .

An FC! Don't see many of those around!

Hey Derek ..

Yes sir a 1972 101 forward control (FC) .. I bought from the ex army surplus yard .. Had a rover V8 gas in it .. I transplanted a

Perkins Phaser Diesel into it .. Had to change crown wheel & pinion gears front & back as it's live 4x4 to get it cruzing at 55mph @ 1800 rpm .

The unit worked very well .. I shipped it back to the UK & sold it to fund another project .

Sailfritz ... My wife holds them ?

Just joking ... Ripped 3/4inch thick hard plastic board into 3inch wide strips 8 ft long .. Pre drilled 6 holes through the roof .. Sealent on roof & plastic strip & around hole .. Bolted through to inside camper .. Can't see bolts , they in storage cupboards .

On top of 3inch strips coach bolted galvanized ring/eyes ... Kayaks sit on thin sponge , then 2 ratchet straps .

Traveled 568km today on my first day of travel ... They still on the roof & my scooter still wants to come for the trip .

Toyota doing very well .. Making notes on millage & gas prices .. Will update