1991 Toyota Dolphin - HOW DO I ESTIMATE VALUE?

thepager5

I have an opportunity to purchase a 1991 Toyota Dolphin from an individual. Everything works and generator is included. Very minor cosmetic work and cleaning will need to be done. Tires are 2/3 used. No dents or dings. It has been sitting up for 1 1/2 years. No leaks underneath. 97K miles v6 and drives solid (no major cabinet rattles). HERE IS MY QUANDRY . . . I have watched all boards, RV stores, Craig's lists and Ebay and do not see this type of RV in this condition selling for as much as this individual is wanting. $8500 firm. Is this reasonable? Are there definate signs to look for or problem areas that need to be inspected before this amount of money is spent? PLEASE ADVISE ME - I want a toyota, but want to get a good retun on my investment. THANKS - kevin

The ball park figures starting with 1980 is a grand for every year its newer than the 80. Now a 91 in very nice cond. would cost $11,000. 4x4's cost more as do sunraders. So if you are sure its really nice and you checked it all over every nook and cranny go for at that price! I would ck. it completely, make sure every thing works no water damage. Roof hasn't sunk down where it will pool water. Go look keep your eyes open ask ?'s.

• 2 weeks later...