Trailer Hitch

bufbooth

Hello, has anyone installed a trailer hitch to their rig, or did it come that way?

If you did install a trailer hitch, was there any special problems that you ran into?

I have a 1990 Toyota Odyssey that has a V6 and automatic transmission and

would like to have a trailer hitch added to use for short trips. I live in Indiana,

which is about a flat as it can be, so there will be no 10% grades to climb (I found

a 10% grade East of Sheridan WY last month, which I did not know any grades existed

above 8%).

I would like to pull a small flat bed trailer in order to be able to tow a small motorcycle

or two (50cc/120 pounds and 185cc/220 pounds) or a jet ski. Also, it would be nice

to add one of those cargo platforms that attaches to a 2 inch receiver in order to carry

a few of the larger bulk items (life jackets, cooler, chairs) on longer trips.

Thanks,

Dennis...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 87 with a 4cyl engine and was wondering if it would be possible to attach a trailer hitch and tow a small trailer just for extra storage space. I find it a challenge to bring my car up to interstate speeds. All signs point to a trailer making this even harder to accomplish. Is attaching a trailer to a 4cyl 87 with an automatic transmission a bad idea?

I have a 92 winne 21f V6 the extended frame from the axel back doesn't look very strong,I've seen some hitchs added but it looked like a lot of suport was added all the way back to the rear axel. Tom