Does Anyone Here Have A V6 Rear Dinette Toyhome?

stamar

It just occurred to me that Ive never seen a v6 rear dinnette toyhome.

Even though you can see from catalogues that they were available Ive never seen one.

Especially when you get into the later years, like the 92-93 years where the majority of the toyhomes are warriors, I have never seen any rear dinnette ones.

Id be curious if anyone here on the forum has one. I really cant guess but I think about 1/3 of the regulars here have a v6 toyhome.

I was wondering if any of you have a v6 with the rear large window. I bet someone does i mean even if it were only 10% made it seems theres more than 10 v6 owners here so someone has to have one.

if its only 5% then theres more than 20 here....

on the other hand if its more like 1-2% no one might have one.

Just so you can see what the winnie's look like. This is a 93

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-campers/photos/album/538882894/pic/227255907/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

There are also quite a few later model Odyssey's and Horizon's that have rear dinette's. Here's an Odyssey Americana

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-campers/photos/album/822863212/pic/2070159481/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc

Certainly not the most common out there but I see at least a few come up for sale every year

Linda S

ya theres a picture of a v6 rear dinette dolphin in those same pictures...

but id just want to see how rare they are.

if anyone that comes here has one.

I think when you realize the data I gave you is 100% correct youll be better qualified to give advice on what to tell people looking for them too linda. you do spend a lot of time answering the same questions on the email string.

Theres a few things to get straight on the models and the years etc. I tried to give a quick guide.

Its also important to point out by year that by far the most made were made before 85. the market almost dies by 88.

I always want to get a better just newbie shopping guide together for people looking for one.

All the time people come in asking for a 5 speed 22re rear dinette which basically doesnt exist. When people see the real break down of models per year theyll see its not like a car that comes out with a dx and an ex model.....

manual or auto....

its hard to explain quickly someday ill try to write it out for the newbie shoppers.

it would be like explaing to hobbits, that he wants a rear dinnette v6 when really theres almost no chance hell ever find one.

the old ones are 4 speed 22r. there were a lot more old ones made than new ones, every year after 84 there are fewer and fewer made. the newer ones are less varied by set up per year. the 90s ones are mostly all rear bathroom too, a model that was really rare in the 80s. no idea why.

theres actually a picture of a rear dinetter sunrader in those pictures too but no idea what year.

as far as oddysseys oddessey might be a model that is diffferent than the trend.

i dont really have any data but ive seen a decent amount of them be v6 rear dinette.

me personally I wanted to get a rear dinette sunrader 22re 18 footer and then i started to look for one. well about 200 toyhomes later i hadnt found one until I got the data of models per year. there basically are none.

my friend has a 82 18 foot sunrader 4 speed 22r so I figured the ideal one was just the same but with a 22re. unfortunatley by the time the 22re is in they are almost all autos and none of them are rear dinette.

I guess we can keep this an elite club by telling people to go looking for exactly what they want....

What? No 18 foot 22re Sunraders? Then what the blank is that in my driveway. There's tons of them.

Linda S

Oh you mean manual transmission ones. Yes there are a few out there. Not really that rare but fewer than auto

I'm sure we would all love to know where your getting this data info per year. Care to enlighten us

ya im sure w.hat i said was clear because i repeated it a few times even. Anyone who wants to be confused is going to be. Thats todays lesson I guess Ill start again tommorow

ya im sure w.hat i said was clear because i repeated it a few times even. Anyone who wants to be confused is going to be. Thats todays lesson I guess Ill start again tommorow

Linda asked a valid question. What is the source of your data reference?

With no source, it's just speculation on your part.

My 18 foot Sunrader is a rear dinette and has a 22re engine and automatic transmission. Made in 1986 so by then the 22re was pretty much standard. All Sunraders from 1986 to 1989 had that engine unless it was a turbo 4x4 or was on a Nissan chassis. It is not rare. It is probably the most common Sunrader out there. If you don't see many for sale it's probably because people keep them forever cause they are just so darn cute and neat to drive.

Linda S

Linda asked a valid question. What is the source of your data reference?

With no source, it's just speculation on your part.

the only data i ever saw was on the amount of dolphin models made per year.

I dont think there is the same data for the other makes so I just speculate based on the ones ive seen for sale.

just speculate and ask around.

look at pictures of toy ins. you see the rare ones.

when you do a long search of models for sale you pretty much will figure out some that are very rare.

its been a long time but I was looking into getting the larger rear window on a more modern one.

that was more than a year ago when i sold my 79 and got my 85, i liked everything except the tiny back window.

within reason it would be cheaper to make the window than try and find the model based on any reasonable estimate of how many are out there. maybe what 5% maybe 10% I suppose.

I dont actually recall seeing it done ever though, that particular window transplant. not all the windows obviously just the back onel

I saw my data on the dolphin models from a very common publication like blue book that is for rvs.

I did see it online but the publication is paper so it was a pdf file.

Now I dont have time to go back and find it for you all but im almost sure i shared it here on the forum when I first started posting here.

When I research something I do it pretty thoroughly and i like to share. But I really dont have the time right now.

If someone can look up the vvarious toyhome set ups by year i and post a live link i think itd help a lot of people.

I repeat it a lot because people who dont own a toyhome are always looking for one that is rare or doesnt exist.

the most common is they want the 5 speed 22re which is extremely rare. the 5 speed toyhome is rare enough but almost all of them are 22r. there are a fair amount of sunrader 5 speed 22rs in the world.

theres a pretty common history of national rv online, but at the origin of the dolphin in 79 gas was expensive. by the mid 80s gas was dirt cheap, you remember the clinton days. the popularity nose dives after 85, i think the year with the most made was 83.

one last thing.... linda said after 89 they are all v6. but 89 is the one year where they are both 22re and v6, in the same year. its 90 through 94 they are all v6. 94 only warriors are made.

for other makes i really have no idea at all, i post a thread like this trying to get the owners data because thats all there is. I have a good feel for sunraders and warriors what was made just from going through a program that searches ebay and craigslist. You can pretty easily look at the for sale pictures of the next 50 warriors for sale and they are all mid bedroom.... rear kitchen or bathroom.

I dont think its written anywhere how many oddysseys there are and which were made so all you could do is ask. If most oddysseys were rear sleeping thats good to know i never knew that. I think the oddyssey is really good.

there werent enough made to tell someone go get an oddyssey.

i suppose just like anything you post.

I saw the facts I havent forgotten them and I share them. If you have time, and you obviously have a lot of time, go ahead and start to look up the written data.

i dont remember where it is but it wasnt hard for me to find orignally.

You dont really have to try and prove anything I said as wrong mostly because pretty much its all correct. What do I have to gain by giving out the incorrect info.

but if you have nothing better to do look up the information for people. In fact try not to post til you come back here with something to contribute. get google, dolphin whatever look it up for us.

Do you have any data for us karin/ do you have any worthwhile information at all?

If I look through the last 1000 times youve posted here will I find any information at all useful to anyone?

Toyota made no 22re cab and chassis in 1989. Since these are the foundation of all the motorhomes there are no 4 cylinder 1989 motorhomes. Some may have a 1989 registration but only because the coach was built in the following year. Chassis is still an 88.

Also 1993 was the last year for the cab and chassis so even though something might be represented as a 1994 it is on a 1993 chassis

Also the 5 speed was never available on the 4 cylinder cab and chassis. It only became available on the v6 ones. 5 speed manual transmissions on any 22re motorhome are most likely owner modification.

The exception is the Sunrader 4x4's because they were built on 4x4 truck chassis not cab and chassis. All were shipped to the US as a completed truck and then the bed and chassis modifications were made by the motorhome manufacturer.

I used to have the name of the shop Gardiner-Pacific used to do their modifications but can't find it now. They were all done at a plant in Oregon and shipped to Cal. Don't know about the east coast ones but then they didn't make any 4x4's

Linda S

I think my Eaglet falls into this category although it's not really a dinette so much as a U-shaped couch-ish thing and a swing arm table. But I've got the big back window! It's a 1983 Minicruiser. And I am so going to need a lot of help and advice to get the coach back in shape! Glad to have stumbled into the forum and gotten the nerve to post :-) It's a V6 manual with 81K miles and change.

Edited by dejuki

I looked at 26 Toys before deciding on mine (very picky) this took several years. I liked the lay out of the rear table and bought it 86 Sunland express 22re auto only one I saw like it. it has the large rear window.

Couple issue with this lay out are that you have open the door to the bath room to pull your pants up, and remove the toilet paper from it's holder if you are feeling limber enough to take a shower.

I'm a new owner and member and I'm missing the rear dinette table for my 1985 Dolphin 500 with the U shaped rear bench/bed. Where can I get one with the metal post?

the post that makes the majority of the table is a generic rv part available anywhere but ill try to get you a link.

the actual table might not be available in the exact size but it might.

I think my Eaglet falls into this category although it's not really a dinette so much as a U-shaped couch-ish thing and a swing arm table. But I've got the big back window! It's a 1983 Minicruiser. And I am so going to need a lot of help and advice to get the coach back in shape! Glad to have stumbled into the forum and gotten the nerve to post :-) It's a V6 manual with 81K miles and change.

no actually in 1983 the rear bedroom was the most common model... or dinette, but bed in the rear type of models with the rear window. door in middle bed in back.

and i think for what it matters 1983 was the year most toyhomes were made also.

I looked at 26 Toys before deciding on mine (very picky) this took several years. I liked the lay out of the rear table and bought it 86 Sunland express 22re auto only one I saw like it. it has the large rear window.

Couple issue with this lay out are that you have open the door to the bath room to pull your pants up, and remove the toilet paper from it's holder if you are feeling limber enough to take a shower.

thats good enough

the reason is sunland express is a make no one has any idea how many were made of anything. although one of many that are exactly the same as a dolphin it would be nice to know or estimate how many were made of each kind.

In response to the original question, I owned a 93 Winnebago Mini with a v6 and rear dinette. Loved it. Wish I had never gotten rid of it. When the kids were pre-teen, they each fit the rear beds (benches) without converting the dinette into a full bed. Momma and I had the over-the-cab bed. Occasionally, momma and I would go out by ourselves and had the rear bed. It was real nice. Wish I could find one again.