SUNRADER 18' ON NISSAN 1-ton V6 A/T

normd

• 7 years later...

When I first got mine I was told there were only a couple a year built from 1986 to 1988. Some were built on an 88 chassis but were titled 89 so I figured there were 6 to 8 total. I know there are quite a few more than that now. Somewhere between 15 to 20 at the most. I'm talking about only the V6 ones. There are more 24z 18 footers.

Linda S

Looked at your profile and see yours is a V6. Where did you get it and how long have you had it?

I'll be darned . . . . interesting for sure. Mine is a Nissan V6. I bought it in Portland, Oregon - I think in year 2005 or 2006 from an elderly couple who used it to deliver meals on wheels as a service in their community. My husband made a beautifully scribed deck that spanned the house section and I parked it in the grape vineyards to live in while attending nursing school. Those were the days!

Well I was thinking I over-estimated the number but like yours they just keep popping up. I wish I had a manual. Do you still use it? I talked to a woman on one of these RV sites who was looking for an camper to live in when she went to nursing school in or near El Paso. Small world

Linda S

After I finished nursing school we just used ours on and off - sporadically. She (we call her 'Nana') is parked in Fort Collins now, where I live. When I was away on a travel nurse assignment there was a big storm that swept through - broke the large glass in the rear and water rained in. I have no idea how long the glass had been broken and her interior exposed to the elements. Her structure is sound and the truck is like a work horse that never complains. We are planning on re-doing the inside (my husband does fine finish wood working - a great project for him!) - I'm itching for this project to get under way!

Curious if/what the soon-to-be nurse near El Paso found?

Where did you find your Nissan Sunrader and how long have you had it? Do you use it often?

I think she bought a trailer. Found a family that let her park it in their driveway for very little.

Mine is a very long story but had to fly to New York to get it. I'm in California. It was pretty much abandoned and I convinced my friend to buy it for very little because I was sure I could find him a buyer. Unfortunately it was in far worse condition than he realized and no one wanted it. Since it was my fault he spent money he couldn't afford I paid him for it and drove it home. I fixed it up some but I use my Toyota Sunrader as my regular camper. Yes I have 2 and I also have a Tiger Provan. I have an RV hoarding condition apparently.

Linda S

Did you get the window fixed. Another of our members was worried about finding a replacement but he just took the frame to an auto window shop and they made him a new one for about 200 bucks. Flat glass. No fancy stuff involved

• 2 years later...