New Member Introduction

headchange4u

Hello all!

I am new to the forum and I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jason and I live in central Kentucky. I am the assistant parts manager at a Toyota dealership, and I just recently got my first Toyota camper after a few years of searching.

It's a 1986 Odyssey with the 22RE, 88k original miles. My daily driver is 1992 regular cab 4x4 pickup with the 22RE, so I am very familiar with the engine and Toyotas in general.

Here's some shots of my new toy:

IMG_28041.jpg

null_zpsa127e9c1.jpg

null_zpsdee4cb36.jpg

null_zps9ba0f3ad.jpg

IMG_27741.jpg

null_zps0bc4c8f9.jpg

As you can probably tell, the old girl has been very well maintained. The awning is new, new fridge, engine recently serviced with a head gasket change and aftermarket header installed. The water tank has been relocated to under the couch, and the original location, which was beside the bathroom door, has been converted into a closet. They have also added a trickle charger to charge the battery any time The interior is pretty much original except for the curtains. The wife and I are really excited to get out on the road and try it out.

Also, if any of the members here find themselves in need of Toyota parts, please feel free to contact me. I can get you discounts on most OEM parts.

Welcome to the best source of information for rookies that you can find. The people here are very willing to help out newcomers. I think that you may be able to help out with some technical information about the chassis/engine questions.

As far as I know the head gasket recalls are done, or at least we haven't done one for a very long time. I still carry and can get the recall head sets for the 3.0 and 3.4, which are the same as a standard heat set minus the valve steam seals.

I'll check on the price of a valve adjustment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I to am a new owner (paid off in Jan.) of a 1985 Toyota Dolphin 500 series, 43,000 miles. I know nothing at all, zero, about how any systems operate so this will be fun to learn. Have all original owners manuals and repair receipts too! Where does one start? My canopy was shot so where do I just get a replacement canvas vs a whole new awning?

Tom in San Jose,Ca.

Hi Jason Im also Jason, a new member too! plus I have a couple of Toyotas a 95 tacoma and my new 87 Sunrader 4x4. I'll post some pics when I can work out how on my ipad.

How do you get a picture down to size as all I try to post say "too big"?

Hello all!

I am new to the forum and I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jason and I live in central Kentucky. I am the assistant parts manager at a Toyota dealership, and I just recently got my first Toyota camper after a few years of searching.

It's a 1986 Odyssey with the 22RE, 88k original miles. My daily driver is 1992 regular cab 4x4 pickup with the 22RE, so I am very familiar with the engine and Toyotas in general.

Here's some shots of my new toy:

IMG_28041.jpg

null_zpsa127e9c1.jpg

null_zpsdee4cb36.jpg

null_zps9ba0f3ad.jpg

IMG_27741.jpg

null_zps0bc4c8f9.jpg

As you can probably tell, the old girl has been very well maintained. The awning is new, new fridge, engine recently serviced with a head gasket change and aftermarket header installed. The water tank has been relocated to under the couch, and the original location, which was beside the bathroom door, has been converted into a closet. They have also added a trickle charger to charge the battery any time The interior is pretty much original except for the curtains. The wife and I are really excited to get out on the road and try it out.

Also, if any of the members here find themselves in need of Toyota parts, please feel free to contact me. I can get you discounts on most OEM parts.

Beautiful shape!

Lower the resolution on your camera or phone before take the pic and then load them to your computer or lower them after before you try to post them.

Linda S

Thanks Linda S, new to all this tec stuff and RVing.

• 6 months later...

Toyota used to have a collection of valve shims for doing the valve job. Do you stock the collection or the individual shims?