'Calling All Hams'

Ten meters is finally open...this cycle?...has been really strange.But now at my qth the band is active every day, with good signals from Europe.While its not great conditions,its usable.I use a 1949 Stancor St 203 mobile transmitter..running 8 watts to the antenna....10 meters is a great band..hve fun....73 Bill

Ten meters is finally open...this cycle?...has been really strange.But now at my qth the band is active every day, with good signals from Europe.While its not great conditions,its usable.I use a 1949 Stancor St 203 mobile transmitter..running 8 watts to the antenna....10 meters is a great band..hve fun....73 Bill

Yes it is open but seems to fade fast in the late afternoon. 10 is neat when it's open does not take much power, heard a lot of QRP stations yesterday. I have been on 17 pretty much mobile but worked a bunch on 10 in the last few days. IC 706 MKII G and a Lil Tarheel antenna nice British net today 28.400 73's N3LYT

Ten can be strange...for example...I dont hear a single station from the east coast,your area and nothing north south....but I always hear California....there's a good friend in Oregon..but can only talk to him every 11 years...hihi...someday I hope to try 17 mtrs,73 KF0IE

17 was interesting the last few days I heard pileups and never heard the station calling CQ! I like it when they don't realize the station is using a split, and their running 1.5 KW and wondering why the guy can't hear him.