Just finished painting and installing an awning on my 1987 Escaper.

So it has been a while since I have done anything to the Toyota but I am back and come with good news. While I have been busy at school this semester, my Dad has surprised me and painted my Escaper. Before paint it was having some small rust issues, fading paint, and some fiberglass wearing through on the coach.

He painted the body of the truck, the coach, bumper, rims, and window edges as well as completely redoing the window caulk.

Here it is before paint.

photo+1.JPG

And here it is after.

IMG_2776%5B1%5D.JPG

And finally we were able to install the awning I found at a scrap yard on an old Dolphin. It is in near perfect working condition.

Getting ready to test fit.

IMG_2780.JPG

Mounting the brackets.

GOPR0710.JPG

And at the end of the day all is well and shiny.

IMG_2783%255B1%255D.JPG

GOPR0724.JPG

Looking out the window from inside of the rig.

GOPR0727.JPG

Everything went well and she now looks awesome if I do say so myself.

Your RV looks really good. Did you replace the stripes, paint on new ones, or were the originals in good shape? My Escaper is the same year but my stripes are really cracked and peeling. I would like to replace them but the wife says that there are more important jobs to get done around the house before I spend any time on cosmetic issues on the RV.

All stripes, window trims, rims, and bumper were repainted. The old stripes were all cracked looking as you can imagine.

Here is a video of me opening and closing the awning if anyone is interested.

Thanks Corbin, I think that I may be able to sneak the job into my schedule next summer. Right now the Toyhouse is in storage. We have had snow flurries a few times and I don't want to worry about snow load. I get a great price for storage at the county fairgrounds. Under cover on a concrete slab for $160.