MS S&T

pbjeeps

My wife and I are seasoned rv travelers. Back many years ago before GPS devices were very popular, my wife and I used MS Streets and Trips. We loved the mapping features and the "what if" capabilities of the software as well as the GPS capabilities of the software. I recently "discovered" a free download that makes the software much more usable for the RVer. There is a free download called "poi mega file" (not from Microsoft). It has a wealth of information pertanent to rv travel. An amazing database of camp grounds, walmarts (that allow overnight parking), bass pro shops, philly cheese steaks, state parks, rest stops, dump stations and much much much more. We are still learning just how much is available on this overlay to the software. Im not trying to plug the software, we just find it nicer than the typical GPS device because you can use the computer to do many other things. What else can you do with the GPS? The screen is also larger and easier to read from the driver seat and with my older eyes. I am designing a stand that bolts to the tunnel and holds the computer that will swing to the "navigator" and will also pivot over to the driver.

I also like Streets and Maps. I have a Bluetooth GPS receiver stuck up in the Frig roof cover that connects to my laptop. Of course you don't need an actual GPS receiver to use Streets and maps. I use it often just to plan out a trip, get an idea of stop points, etc. This file looks like it will add a lot of data points to the program, good find.

I looked briefly at the file you mentioned, I'll have to give it a try, sounds interesting.

CLICK HERE for the web site to download the POI megafile.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto