Oven cooking on the road?

Debbit

This is probably a strange question, but I've been thinking a lot about it, and I just don't know the answer. Is it safe to cook food in the oven while traveling? Of course it would be turned off while fueling up, but other than that, I just can't see any danger...

I do love my oven but I wouldn't use it while driving. When it's heating up the flame is quite large but once it reaches cooking temp there is just the little pilot on. Little pilots can go out. I know my fridge pilot does sometimes but thats outside the camper. The oven pilot is inside. With the pilot not lit, gas will accumilate inside the hot oven and could be a problem.

Linda S

Ok, I agree, thanks! Was considering a 12 v crockpot, but they say they get pretty hot on the outside. Canned stew, here we come.

I have heard of some people putting a crock pot in their sink while on the road. Your camping. Get to destination and pull out the barbeque. Make the stew at home and freeze it. I saw you have a portable cooler and you still have that fridge. Even not working mine kept food cold for 4 days with a block of ice in a dish pan in the bottom. So many options. I made pizza on a stone I heated in the camp fire once. My kids still talk about that. Best pizza ever

Linda S

Well, we are camping, but also some long days driving. Cruces to Santa Fe to camp with kids, then road trip to tulsa, ok and back. Pizza sounds delish! We also are taking a Cobb grill.

Well, we are camping, but also some long days driving. Cruces to Santa Fe to camp with kids, then road trip to tulsa, ok and back. Pizza sounds delish! We also are taking a Cobb grill.

Kraft mac and cheese cooks just as fast on your cook top as it does at home.

Linda S

I have a friend that has one of these and they work extremely well! There are many different makers and prices but the beauty you can make what you want put the lid on and it's done all by it's self when you get where your going.http://www.zojirushi.com/products/snxae

Yeah that is an expensive one they can be had for about a hundred bucks. Didn't see you at the British Invasion Derek!