Some before an after pics

We are almost finished with our toyota dolphin. Plan to leave on a trip on Friday morning. Much to do with business, etc. on the toy, just a few more seams, a leak in waste water tank, oil change and a couple of other checks. But here's some pics.

post-7310-0-71786100-1379906195_thumb.jp

post-7310-0-15452100-1379906218_thumb.jp

post-7310-0-55549600-1379906242_thumb.jp

post-7310-0-14375500-1379906285_thumb.jp

post-7310-0-44080100-1379906326_thumb.jp

thanks for the nice comments all!

it is called glueless laminate floor. it is manufactured by traffic master, it was on sale at Home Depot for $16+ a box. (24 sq ft) it was kind of tricky, and we did have to put in a few nails where they don't show.

I like it too.

This is very well done. It lightens up the interior a great deal. Thanks for posting. I'm interested to know the brand of 12V cooler that you have added. I have a 12V cooler that I am not entirely happy with.

thanks for the nice comments all! it is called glueless laminate floor. it is manufactured by traffic master, it was on sale at Home Depot for $16+ a box. (24 sq ft) it was kind of tricky, and we did have to put in a few nails where they don't show. I like it too.

Did you use the solid vinyl? I'm considering it at home since I often foster dogs that aren't house trained! Unfortunately, up here, HD sells it for $48/24 sq ft. :(

No, it is laminate and thicker than vinyl. I put the long vinyl tile strips in my coffee shop kitchen. Because of the sticky overlap edges, it is pretty water proof, and not as slippy for dogs.

The 12 v cooler is an igloo and I got it second hand. I don't know how well it will work. We plan to use the fridge with ice too.

• 7 months later...

There were a few small areas where the paper didn't stay stuck as well as other parts. I suspect that may have been because of some dirt or greasy residue I may have missed. I just used some glue to stick it down. Cutting the paper was kind of tricky , you have to cut it while it is dry, then soak it for 20 seconds and put it in place. There are very few places that the paper doesn't need cutting to go around something. I've wallpapered two of these toys now. Did some ugly, water stained walls in our new sun rader. I like wallpaper because it covers so much....nail holes, rough areas, stains. Only prep I've done was to wipe grime off and scrape bumpy things off. The paper is thick, textured and it hides a lot do irregularities. On the dolphin, I removed the inside window frames for an easy application. The sun raders windows are so much bigger, I made a pattern by pressing foil-backed paper against the I window edges and that worked well. I think wallpaper gives a very good result. The amount of prep work is much less than a good paint job, and it really looks nice.

post-7310-0-77306500-1399818706_thumb.jp

post-7310-0-00915900-1399818797_thumb.jp

I used the same flooring in my Chinook. Cheap, super easy install, and looks great.

I'm jealous of the space in that Dolphin! I know that my camper is as big as I'm willing to go right now, but I've been seeing a lot of campers lately, and I'm definitely jealous of the space they all have to move around inside.

But I guess they aren't getting my gas mileage, or getting into some of the places I am. All compromise...

I agree with what Dolphinite. It started out dark, cramped feeling and old, and now it looks real spacious and bright. Nice work.

• 2 years later...
46 minutes ago, echopdx said:

Could you share the type of wall paper you used. Looks great!

Post is kind of old so if I may interject myself into the question, Lowes carries a modest amount of wallpaper and this faux grass paper pattern is a popular common choice as I used it and also Jim aka jjrbus.  Looks nice but is a bit of a pain to work with as the seams don't hold.  I'm old and have hung a fair share of wall paper over the years.  I'd suggest if choosing this, you go with a commercial wall paper adhesive as relying on the pre-paste didn't work out very well for the two of us.  We both ended up using seam adhesive to follow up after applying and 5 years in, I'm still chasing it.  I keep a tube of adhesive in the RV though you'd think I would have got all of it by now.  It does however really brighten up the RV.

new_fridge.jpg

&^%$# pre pasted wall paper from Lowes!   I scrubbed my interior with  TSP and bleach solution, rinsed it all down and primed with Romans 935 wallpaper primer.  Romans 935 is the best of primers, it is what the pros use when wallpapering over glass or ceramic tile!

I ended up with some loose spots, in hindsight it is where I worked the paper too much and squeezed out the glue, shame on me.

Then the seams started curling, and curling and curling.  I have use 1/2 tube of seam adhesive and the      is still coming up!

Seams curling appears to be a common problem with pre pasted paper.      Jim

So glad you guys mentioned Lowes for wall paper. I looked and found what looks to be an exact match for the Sunrader paneling. Next time I'm near a Lowes I'm going to check it out. I painted the lower half of my dinette area because of water stains from before the windows were resealed. I would love to get back to the original look if possible. Worth a try at least

Linda S

5 hours ago, linda s said:

So glad you guys mentioned Lowes for wall paper. I looked and found what looks to be an exact match for the Sunrader paneling. Next time I'm near a Lowes I'm going to check it out. I painted the lower half of my dinette area because of water stains from before the windows were resealed. I would love to get back to the original look if possible. Worth a try at least

Linda S

No way no how would I use the prepasted wall paper again, especially from Lowes!  !  Jim

2 hours ago, linda s said:

Just so close I have to see it. If it doesn't work no big deal. Go back to paint.

Linda S

Jim used the Roman's 935 primer but both of us should have used the Roman's 838 adhesive.  I didn't do mine all at once so when I quickly realized on day two that the seams were an issue, I did go get some ready to use wallpaper adhesive.  I still have a roll and a half left of the paper.  I may revisit the berth area as this is where I started and was the most problematic.

7 hours ago, Back East Don said:

Jim used the Roman's 935 primer but both of us should have used the Roman's 838 adhesive.  I didn't do mine all at once so when I quickly realized on day two that the seams were an issue, I did go get some ready to use wallpaper adhesive.  I still have a roll and a half left of the paper.  I may revisit the berth area as this is where I started and was the most problematic.

Darn, on day 2 I realized that there was an issue, but thought that I had squeezed the glue out by over working the paper, which was true in some cases and kept going the second day, but more carefully.  I have been using the seam adhesive, but it is not working so need to try something else?   Nails, staples, drywall screws :D