Adding external steps.

mason

Hi

I am trying to add this steps to the RV. I have to drill four holes to mount the steps. Has any one have done that and what should I watch out for?

Thank you very much.

Mason.

post-5317-0-20123700-1379608248_thumb.jp

post-5317-0-23871200-1379608275_thumb.jp

Hi

I am trying to add this steps to the RV. I have to drill four holes to mount the steps. Has any one have done that and what should I watch out for?

Thank you very much.

Mason.

Have you looked underneath to see if there are holes already there? I've never seen a toyota motorhome that didn't originally have steps. I have the same exact step on my Sunrader. Had to rebuild the foor area there so guage how thick the plywood is there are make sure it's strong enough to hold the step. Shouldn't be too complicated. Mine hasn't fallen off yet. Yes I drilled new holes in the new wood and used lock nuts on the bolts and partially sunk the top of the bolts into the wood to make sure it wouldn't loosen up. Then I put down wood strips and another layer of plywood to cover bolt heads and get a nice smooth step inside

Linda S

Thanks Linda, I am thinking to slice the carpet on each side about six inches and put a rectangular metal sheet so that eventually there is going to be two metal and a plywood in between. I hope that I won't have issue with how low it is going to be to the ground. It measures 8 inches.

Thanks again.

My step goes up under the camper quite a ways before the attachment points. Measure from underneath and see how far it goes up there to get to the inside camper step area. I will measure mine this afternoon. Got to go but be back in a couple of hours

Linda

I don't get what distance to measure Linda. Do you think that 8 inches to the ground is okay. It seems that the exhaust system is lower than 8 inches to the ground on the other side so I should be okay.

Our step seems to be mounted to far in and seems awkward when using it. So all I really have to say is get it out towards the edge as far as you can. Any how we don't even use ours. Instead we have an aluminum one from camping world. They are pricey around $80 but very stable and big.