Isolator question

xanthogar

First things first, if you don't have a multimeter, get one.

You could have an isolator problem. Check the voltage going into the isolator and coming out. When mine fried, I had power going to the truck battery but none to the coach. I guess that it could fail going to the truck also.

Depends, When is your coach battery charging, but not your truck??

If this happens when your plugged into shore power, Thats normal. If this happens when your truck is running, I'd say you either have a wiring problem, with the trucks chatging circuit, OR, you have a bad truck battery that's not taking a charge.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I think waiter nail it for you the only exception would be the isolator if it is a solid state type it is possible for it to only charge the coach battery with the engine running.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not trying to thread jump, but is it possible for the coach battery to draw power directly from the truck battery? My truck battery will lose charge when it sits for a long time. I have not tried to determine source of the draw, but I figured I might start with isolator.

Very unlikely, but to make sure just disconnect the house battery.

Radios, clocks, 12v smoke detector or a bad igniton switch can cause a ghost draw. Some times the PO has done weird wiring.

You also could just have a bad truck battery.

If your isolator is working properly, the coach should not drain your truck battery no matter how long it is parked. That is why you have an isolator.