2013 Indian Summer Rally Oct 11 - 12

Gulfstream Greg

Awe man! I was totally into this rally so I could meet you guys but, I already have an event that weekend. Have fun and hopefully I can catch you next year.

Made our reservation today for Thu 10th thru Sat 12th nights. Glad to finally get out in the toy again. It's been way too long. See you all there!

Kurt & Kari (and Beau, Chirpy & Gizmo)

• 4 weeks later...

I just reviewed our reservation and saw they gave us the wrong days so, we won't be arriving a day early. Now we'll be there Fri thru Mon.

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaahhh.....I'd like to change my answer.

So we are coming up! Me, the wife, and our pug dog will be there Friday and Saturday. We are going to take two days to get there from Los Angeles, do you have any suggestions for staying on the way? I'm thinking Avila Hot Springs or Pismo.

Pismo would be a great place. Haven't been to that State Park since was a kid in the 70's. Always had fun sliding down the sand dunes w/ cardboard! :)

Moro Bay State Park is a tad off the faster 101 route, but nice. I like can play golf and stop at camper off 13th hole for a drink!

Moro Strand is pretty desolate, but you are right on the beach if you want to experience that. A tad out of your way as well if sticking to 101.

Stayed one time at Lake Santa Margarita Regional Park. Was cheap for California (20 bucks if remember) and could park basically anywhere on the shore of polluted lake. If just needing a place to crash for the night off 101 other than Pismo/Avila, this might be an option if those parks are full for whatever reason. No ammenities if I remember.

San Simeon and the Big Sur (Plasket Creek etc) areas are definitely out of your way unless you're in no hurry to get here and are in to traveling Hwy1 from SLO to Monterey and then onward to SCruz. SoCal to Plasket Creek/Sand Dollar beach tho is quite a big drive for one day. Big Sur to Santa Cruz an easy 2nd half of drive if you should park it there.

Be safe, take your time, and happy travels.

Gulfstream Greg

Thanks everyone who showed their face! Had a great time, see you all at the Big Sur event in April and again in Felton next year!!

WE had a blast, and as usual learned some more about Toys. See you all again in spring.

John & Mary

PS I only had one 5 A fuse. Will learn to carry a better assortment.

• 2 weeks later...

Gulfstream Greg

@ Vanman

Silent Running

WOW , thanks greg. I couldn't remember it till I saw this post today. Somehow I missed this when you first posted it. If the video store has it I'll rent it along with This Island Earth.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. The trip was great and I already put Silent Running in my Netflix que. What a trippy movie! Also some good commentary from Bruce Dern. I wanted to let you know I figured out my electrical problem. It turns out my wire from the isolator to the coach battery had all the zip ties holding it to the frame rotted out and the wire fell on top of the catalytic converter. That's why the relay was tripping on and off. Anyway that has been repaired and I'm getting her ready for another trip. Hope to see you soon.

Jonny