Another question...I plan to take the MH to my mechanic after Toyota does their thing. Just curious...would an oil change be part of a head gasket replacement? Or is that only if the head gasket actually blows? Thanks!

A couple of bits of info you could try to get out of your contact:-

- Does the SSC include checking valve clearances?

- There's a report floating around that the SSC ends at the end on this year yet Toyota's website says that all SSCs have no expiry date.

- Over the years, a few people have posted their invoices from having the HG SSC done. 1 included oil (but no filter!), 2 didn't. Maybe you could ask your friend if there's actually a Toyota 'List' of what's included and what's not!

Mark Mueller 1.jpg

Pg 3.jpg

post-3557-0-34422700-1405141184.jpg

On 10/27/2017 at 5:09 AM, Derek up North said:

A couple of bits of info you could try to get out of your contact:-

- Does the SSC include checking valve clearances?

- There's a report floating around that the SSC ends at the end on this year yet Toyota's website says that all SSCs have no expiry date.

- Over the years, a few people have posted their invoices from having the HG SSC done. 1 included oil (but no filter!), 2 didn't. Maybe you could ask your friend if there's actually a Toyota 'List' of what's included and what's not!

I got the required papers from my Toyota dealer friend, and am good to go. Now, I just have to wait til the snow that fell here in the last couple days melts and I can get my RV to the dealership! If it's not one thing, it's another.

On 11/5/2017 at 9:57 AM, Derek up North said:

Did you have any success getting answers to my questions?

My 1992 headed into the Toyota service department today ready to be worked on tomorrow. I will see what I can find out when I pick it up.