'74 to '78 Toyota Chinook Board

Donnie

Hi team, this is the only place where there are any Chinook posts that I can find ?

Even at that, they are SCARCE......Perhaps there is another forum dedicated to Chinook lovers???

Can anyone direct me...........Other wise , I will remain here and ask for help & volunteer advice if I am able.

I just recently got into these little fella's & am now hooked....Donnie

Is there anywhere on this forum where the members are listed & connected to what they own,,?

If so, how do I search for Chinook owners?...............Donnie

Hi team, this is the only place where there are any Chinook posts that I can find ?

Even at that, they are SCARCE......Perhaps there is another forum dedicated to Chinook lovers???

Can anyone direct me...........Other wise , I will remain here and ask for help & volunteer advice if I am able.

I just recently got into these little fella's & am now hooked....Donnie

There's the Chinook user group at Yahoo. When I got my first Chinook I went there in search of info. After awhile, I concluded it to be a waste of time. Very few people seem to post there that have any real experience with Chinooks. Mostly a lot of "wish I had one" people or reposting of "for sale" ads from other places.

But maybe it's gotten better . . . or maybe it's gone?? I just clicked on the link and NG. Not sure if it's a Web-glitch or it's not longer there.

http://autos.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyotachinook/?v=1&t=directory&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=dir&slk=102

I've got two 1978 pop-up Chinooks. I had one torn completely apart and did a lot or repairs and upgrades.

There are a few of us here, and the Yahoo Chinook group is going along same as ever.

Your motorhome will have a lot in common with the bigger ones around here, and a lot of people here have knowledge that will help you out no matter what Toyota RV you've got, so this is a good place.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We just got a '78 pop-top and are busy making it great... Still haven't plugged it in to check out the cabin electricals - and we need to install a new water pump at the sink. (Any tricks for making the switch to a new one with minimal damage to the counter?) But, it does run - from Longmont CO to Lawrence KS

so far.

• 7 years later...

Hello, I just bought a 1975 Toyota chinook pop top, but the decal on the door with the vin is long gone. It has the vin plate in the engine compartment, but does anyone happen to know if there is another location with the vin? AAA needs to see the vin in 2 different locations in order to transfer title. Thanks!

56 minutes ago, Jgonz said:

Hello, I just bought a 1975 Toyota chinook pop top, but the decal on the door with the vin is long gone. It has the vin plate in the engine compartment, but does anyone happen to know if there is another location with the vin? AAA needs to see the vin in 2 different locations in order to transfer title. Thanks!

That year truck didn’t have a VIN as you think of it today. The plate under the hood shows the ‘frame ID number’. This is the number assigned to that cab and chassis by Toyota.

Many motorhome manufactures added their own ID number to the coach itself. Hopefully your bill of sale shows the frame ID number.

The second location of this number is etched in the left frame rail just forward of the lower control arm. You will need a wire brush to find it, but it’s there. Hopefully the two numbers match.

E6FF34BE-348E-49CF-AEE3-02FD40F5F536.jpeg

7BAB5874-3C9B-4E57-BE04-0D701B93A93C.jpeg

Edited by fred heath