Looking for the seal between the cab roof & the 78 Chinook body

Donnie

I'm into restoring this 1978 Chinook & the seal between the cab of the truck & the body of the camper is in poor condition...The PO had sealed it with silicone & what looked like garden hose, Any way we pulled that out & cleaned up the cab & am now looking for idea's on what to replace that with...

ANY IDEA'S & ALL suggestion's surely appreciated.............Donnie

Some people have used garage door weather-stripping. The stuff for the bottom of the door.

When I replaced mine I found that the natural rubber seal they make to go around the tailgate in a full size pickup works great.

I found it on eBay and was about $35.00. Can't remember who the supplier was. One side has an adhesive strip which will lock it into position.

Hello Fred, "full size pickup" got any recall of what year & make pick-up that you used.?..There are many profiles of tailgate rubber & w/o seeing it in person I'm not sure what to order....It must have a tri-angular shape to fit the space

I looked at a few pickup tailgate's today at the local dealer, but did not see anything that I thought would work..

If you can recall what vehicle that it was for, I will find a supplier..........& thanks for your help.......Donnie

Hello Fred, "full size pickup" got any recall of what year & make pick-up that you used.?..There are many profiles of tailgate rubber & w/o seeing it in person I'm not sure what to order....It must have a tri-angular shape to fit the space

I looked at a few pickup tailgate's today at the local dealer, but did not see anything that I thought would work..

If you can recall what vehicle that it was for, I will find a supplier..........& thanks for your help.......Donnie

Donnie,

I don't recall the ad mentioning a specific truck. Its 1/2 round shape with a flange on one side with an adhesive strip applied. It will safely fill in a gap of 3/4 to 1 inch. The natural rubber makes for a good seal.

The closest thing I can compare it to is the replacement seals they sell for house entrance doors, only much larger.

All the garage door seals I've ever used are quite large. I'm not sure how they could work on a mh.

If your using eBay click to the product description. It should give you exact measurements.

Well plenty of people on the toyota-camper site have used garage door seal with excellent results. My girlfriend used it on the Nissan Sunrader that just sold on ebay for almost 14 grand and it did that because the finish was so perfect including that seal. Looks as close as you can get to original seal. You should have looked at the link I posted. look here very clean looking finish

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/gfrasier/media/84%20Nissan%20Shorty%20Sunrader/DSC_0030.jpg.html?sort=6&o=10#/user/gfrasier/media/84%20Nissan%20Shorty%20Sunrader/DSC_0029.jpg.html?sort=6&o=9&_suid=13748534408150757596171633018

The only truck seal I could find was black. All these toyota motorhomes are white. Not good

Linda S

I used black. Guess I'll have to settle for being a non purist. :)

In addition, the gasket around my over cab window,windshield, and aluminum wrap around trim are all black. The black seal blends in well.

Sorry Linda,

I guess we were talking about apples and oranges.

I interpreted the post as looking for the gasket between the cab roof and the overhead. My gasket suggestion would replace your garden hose.

As far as back of cab to body on my mh its filled with epoxy and painted.