Any original owners of toy homes here?

I am the third owner of my Escaper. The woman that I bought it from knew the original owners. Unfortunately, I have none of the original paperwork or maintenance information. Luckily, it only had 32,000 miles on it when I got it and I am keeping good maintenance records.

If a 30 year old bought a 1986 Toyhome when it was new they would only be 57 years old now. Now even old enough to collect social security.

1986 economy was different than today they didn't loan money so easily to people to buy RVs or houses. Plus when I was thirty I couldn't buy a brand new car.

1986 economy was different than today they didn't loan money so easily to people to buy RVs or houses. Plus when I was thirty I couldn't buy a brand new car.

We must have been living on different planets in 1986.

I did not have any trouble getting a house or vehicle loan during that time, in fact it was ridiculously easy to get those loans. Interest on the loans was much higher back then than it is now.

yeah because in 1986 they actually made a nice interest on loans unlike the free money of today. There is no incentive to loan these days unless you are a sure thing.

We can discuss the planet but the fact is that we have not met an original owner yet and I have a feeling that we won't get to meet one.:-)

We can discuss the planet but the fact is that we have not met an original owner yet and I have a feeling that we won't get to meet one.:-)

The reason you might not meet one here is not because they no longer have their Toy home or no longer use it or are too old to want to go camping. The reason is because they have already got all the issues figured out and don't need this forum for advice. My boyfriend bought a brand new Toyota Chinook in his 30s. He was the person telling me I should buy one but I chose to get a Sunrader instead as it better suited my needs.

We have already done one long drive camping trip together this summer going round trip from Seattle to northern Colorado and back. But we were camping in a van as we needed to pull a cargo trailer on the return trip. He is currently on another month long trip to Idaho where he dropped off at his cousins ranch the rowing skiff he is building this summer. No room to build that long boat here. He is camping in his van at his cousins ranch, took along his transalp motorcycle for a ride with his cousin back to the Northwest then he rode it back to Idaho with his cousins son. The dad, who is the same age as my boyfriend is continuing on to Alaska with friends on their Harleys and coming back on the Trans Alaska Highway. When he gets back he and my boyfriend will go up in the Stearman Biplane that is kept on the ranch for some aerobatics fun flying time.

So if you think that someone who bought a Toyhome when it was new is too old to have and enjoy it today then you might want to rethink that point of view.

Just because a person is over the age of 70 does not mean they don't go camping and even have a lot more adventures than younger people. Neither my boyfriend or his cousin are retired, they would be bored to death by retirement. The cousin owns and runs the fixed base operator business at a busy Idaho Airport and my boyfriend is a designer and inventor who on his job for a firm last year filed for 6 new patents. In addition to working on his boat this week when it gets too hot outside he goes indoors to work on building up his new 3D printer.

The thing you need to remember is that many people who started camping in their youth will likely continue to do so until the day they die because it is something they enjoy and value doing. Getting older does not mean you no longer have any sense of adventure and it does not mean you don't have an active brain and active life. Of course I have met quite a few men in their mid 40s and their 50s who sit around drinking alcohol moaning about how old they feel and how life has passed them by. But that is a cause and effect of the alcohol which is something that never seems to occur to them.

The reason you might not meet one here is not because they no longer have their Toy home or no longer use it or are too old to want to go camping. The reason is because they have already got all the issues figured out and don't need this forum for advice. My boyfriend bought a brand new Toyota Chinook in his 30s. He was the person telling me I should buy one but I chose to get a Sunrader instead as it better suited my needs.

We have already done one long drive camping trip together this summer going round trip from Seattle to northern Colorado and back. But we were camping in a van as we needed to pull a cargo trailer on the return trip. He is currently on another month long trip to Idaho where he dropped off at his cousins ranch the rowing skiff he is building this summer. No room to build that long boat here. He is camping in his van at his cousins ranch, took along his transalp motorcycle for a ride with his cousin back to the Northwest then he rode it back to Idaho with his cousins son. The dad, who is the same age as my boyfriend is continuing on to Alaska with friends on their Harleys and coming back on the Trans Alaska Highway. When he gets back he and my boyfriend will go up in the Stearman Biplane that is kept on the ranch for some aerobatics fun flying time.

So if you think that someone who bought a Toyhome when it was new is too old to have and enjoy it today then you might want to rethink that point of view.

Just because a person is over the age of 70 does not mean they don't go camping and even have a lot more adventures than younger people. Neither my boyfriend or his cousin are retired, they would be bored to death by retirement. The cousin owns and runs the fixed base operator business at a busy Idaho Airport and my boyfriend is a designer and inventor who on his job for a firm last year filed for 6 new patents. In addition to working on his boat this week when it gets too hot outside he goes indoors to work on building up his new 3D printer.

The thing you need to remember is that many people who started camping in their youth will likely continue to do so until the day they die because it is something they enjoy and value doing. Getting older does not mean you no longer have any sense of adventure and it does not mean you don't have an active brain and active life. Of course I have met quite a few men in their mid 40s and their 50s who sit around drinking alcohol moaning about how old they feel and how life has passed them by. But that is a cause and effect of the alcohol which is something that never seems to occur to them.

Age is just a number. People get old mentally.Some people are already old at their youth.