It really depends on existing damage and whether you do it yourself. Do a 22re head search on ebay and you will see what gaskets, heads, valves and stuff cost. You will also want to do timing chain, water pump.etc. while you are there. Double (at least) the parts for labor to have someone else do it. I ended up doing the whole engine when my head gasket went.

Good luck, Kim.

I did a 22r head gasket in a PU for a cheapskate friend in a lazy weekend. He wouldn't spring for anything else, just wanted to make it run and sell it.

When I got my Toy it had been abused so over a period of a week I did an inframe overhaul (rods bearings and rings)at the same time it got timing chain, water pump, oil pump, a head with OS valves and cam. A couple of hours each night after work. I'm thinking the parts were in the $150 range.

Everything came off Ebay. I lucked on the head and cam, somebody bought them for his PU and it got totaled before he could install them, $200 for both.

Drain your oil, if you haven't already. That coolant/water which is possibly sitting in your oil is eating away at your bearings.

The parts aren't expensive, it's the labor. It's not really a job to do out of a manual. You want someone experienced with you if you're going to do it yourself.

Not sure what a shop would charge. I would guess in the $1,000 range.

i would second that oil drain as soon as possable antifreez is very bad on the bearings. it will destroy them. i would after its running change oil repeatly until there is no white antifreez tint to the oil. five or six times. how many miles are on it