1990 Toyota Odyssey

Riomaggs

We are looking high and low for a smaller Toyota motorhome that is somewhere near to home (so we can see it easily in person and get it checked by a mechanic). I've found a 1990 Toyota Odyssey, with 88,477 miles, and would like to hear from anyone who has this same one and ask for any advice you might have when asking detailed questions about the rig. Here's the posting information about it:

88477k 6 cyl. automatic, cruise control, runs good, shower, separate toilet, stove, refr, furnace, h2o heater all work, awning, new carpet through-out. Truck a/c needs recharge. Good tires, recent front end alignment and bearings repacked. 23 ft. long

Your input is GREATLY APPRECIATED!! Thank you!

I have a 90 Odyssey. Mine has 120K. It runs well, but was in need of a valve adjust which I did. Fortunately, I got it before there was any burnt valves. At 88K, it is definitely due for this maintenance along with a water pump and T-belt.

If this maintenance hasn't been doneand you can't do it yourself, it will not be cheap.

Check closely for water damage, particularly above the cab. Mine had some that I did not discover until after I bought it.

The Odyssey is nice in that it is more roomy than most in all directions. It has about 6'3" of headroom which is nice if you are much above 6 ft.

Hello, I also have a 1990 Odyssey, brought it 7 years ago with 82,000 miles on it and now have 106,000.

Be sure to check the overhead cab in the corners and around the side windows for water damage, I ended up having

to rebuild both sides. The Odyssey is the biggest Toyota motorhome out there, a few inches taller and a few inches

wider, the strongest roofs, but as a result the heaviest model. If you end up getting new tires, due to the weight I would

recommend 195R14 load range D or 185R load range D. At around 95,000 miles I needed to replace the bushing in the

rear leaf springs (about $500) and also new shocks. Check to see if the timing belt has been replaced, the schedule is

either at 60,000 or 80,000, either way the Odyssey you are looking at is past due.

We also have a 1990 Odyssey. We have had it for 2 years. We have about 66,000 miles on a second engine.The engine was replaced by the owner before us. Ours had extensive water damage in the corners and was sealed very well before we purchased it. We have renovated the interior and plan to paint the exterior this summer.

During the interior renovation we found soft wood in the front overhead corner above the driver's seat. We replaced the wood and sealed it and it is snug and dry.

We do keep it covered since we live in the Pacific Northwest. Learned that lesson quite a while ago with our first RV

It runs well. The two of us and our two shelties travel comfortably in it.

post-6110-0-67476600-1372043050_thumb.jp