Two catalytic converters on 93 Winnebago and other long trip preparations

Hello, I am getting ready for our first long trip in our first MH to Vancouver Island and have gone through some preventive maintenance to battle the long hills of Canadian Rockies:

- Mobil 1 10w-30 full synthetic in the engine

- Castrol 75w-90 full syn in the rear diff

- New air filter

- NGK platinum sprk plugs

- Alignment

- New rear tires

- Green slimed the air bags to stop the leaks

- Timing done to factory specs

- Was gonna order new cat and O2 sensor and then I came across this:

photo+%25281%2529.JPG

according to many sites 93 pickups in US had one cat, this is not the case in our long wheelbases imported form Japan, there are two of them welded in the middle and flanges on each side. Go figure. I guess I'll just order the O2 sensor for now and may be do custom exhaust with one cat in the future. So, FYI for anyone thinking about replacing the cats.

With above mentioned maintenance I was hoping to eliminate hesitation around 2k rpms, but it has not cured the problem. The V6 also has rough time starting on cold Canadian mornings, but idles and starts fine when the engine is warm. I don't know if the two issues are related. Has anyone experienced this on their V6?? Just wanna make sure we make it to the Island and back to Calgary in this toy box. By the way HG has been done at 37k miles, MH has 135k miles now. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Kite mobile

My 94 Winnebago had two cats. I live in a area that does not require smogging so I had the cats removed and a free flow muffler installed. We are also attending the Vancouver toy-in but wont be there until the 22nd. Don't know if there is any performance differences as we recently bought it and this will be our first road trip. Ours has 37K on the odometer. We also have gone through everythig now transfering our belongings from a 1984 Dolphin to the Winnebaco. Didnt know we had so much in the Dolphin. Darrel

Probable too much but it's done, $200 even and they welded a strap for the poop-gray tanks.

• 4 years later...

Hi there. I have a 93 Itasca Spirit with a 92 Toyota v6 3L and the SmogNGo says it's not supposed to have 2 catalytic converters and failed me for it. They don't have a good way to look up specifications for the motorhome they can only go off the 92 Toyota pickup. Is there some official documentation from the manufacturer about the Toyota duelys having 2 cats?

Try your local toyota dealer. See if the parts dept can find a diagram for the C&C and print it out for you.