The end of the stud should have the letter "L" stamped on it. At least on US made vehicles with left hand threads.

Edited by fred heath

1 hour ago, fred heath said:

The end of the stud should have the letter "L" stamped on it. At least on US made vehicles with left hand threads.

It seems to me that people have reported both with and without the 'L'. If you've got LHT studs but didn't get the nuts included in your package, you'll have to consider buying a new set of RHT studs and nuts.

Hi guys thanks for all the input. Axle still in transit. In Tampa now won't be able to get it till Monday afternoon. Shipping in Us sucks. Had more excuses as to why they couldn't  deliver overnight as paided for.  Day 3 ending.

Still driving local only. 300 miles so far

Edited by Cossacks

Hi guys got the axle in to small but 10 inches. Checked all the other's on list  and none left. My size is 49 inches between brake  drums and 39 between perch pads. Thinking of buying AutoZone one and cut to size for now.

Any ideas out a g note for now.

Regards Robert Maddocks 

Got a photo?? All the 1 tons are the same between hubs. The variables are the spring mount pad and the shock mount brackets. Both are easy fixes.

10 inches smaller is a huge difference. We really need to see pics of it. So this axle came with dually wheels? Would like to see the wheels too. You must have a cell phone so send us those pics

Linda S

Okay took some pics see if I can upload them. Pics not uploading axle is only 41 inches long must be 4x4. Got a call from alanta Georgia. Going to drive  there  tonight. Sizes are close to mine.  Lesson learned. Left axle at garage no space. If I get to a mall or mcds I will try again.

Regards Robert 

Axles are measured from wheel mounting surface to the same on the other side so outside of the drum. Maybe if you can re-measure it we could figure out what they sent you. So where exactly did you buy this and how was it described. Have you called them yet?

Linda S

Yep called them  tough luck for me. Not the correct  axle. This thing is tiny. USA 1 Canada 0. In Georgia now  will look at another one. Just south of Atlanta now. No WiFi here.

Back online got the correct axle outside Atlanta.  Got a shop to install it today and maybe get it tomorrow night.  My old axle is still working. Nerve racking drive up here, didn't go over 55. Rented a car and room for a couple of days. Dam it was cold up here. Got lots of pics but they don't like to be uploaded. Thanks guys that list did work out after all. The new axle has extra heavy duty springs or helper springs. Look totally different from mine. $800 so far.