Well we do have proof it never existed. A different axle made by Toyota would have had parts available from Toyota and they don't exist. All axle parts from 1985 match the same part numbers from 1984.

Linda S

On 5/30/2017 at 0:13 PM, linda s said:

Well we do have proof it never existed. A different axle made by Toyota would have had parts available from Toyota and they don't exist. All axle parts from 1985 match the same part numbers from 1984.

Linda S

I have waited years as a member of this forum for this sort of sleuthing right here. I am now complete and can retire my account in peace..... good bye to all it was fun!

WAIT... I see a toy home with a potruding full floater and 5 lugs.... OMG... its incredible! dang it camera take a picture dang phone updates No no nOnONNOOOOOOOo ... it drove away.  Darn. oh well.

On 5/29/2017 at 7:35 PM, Derek up North said:

Can't be edited?

Axle_FAQ 2.pdf

Sorry for the delay. Getting our house ready to sell and moving to Oregon at the same time.

Thanks! Everyone OK with replacing the existing Axle Facts with Derek's?

Yes I think that would be a good idea. People are still getting wrong information and thinking there's some miracle axle out there that they don't have to replace. I have done extensive searches of Toyota parts data bases and there would have been parts or some indication that it was made on Toyota manufacturers site and it just doesn't exist. Even Tika who helped write these first axle facts pages finally agreed but never made the changes on the toyota-campers site. Thank you

Linda S

That was just a 1st quickie mark-up, as much to figure out how to use my Pdf program (Foxit). I even did a slightly different v. 2a.

I'd appreciate it if others would suggest other corrections that could be added before making it 'Official'. Let's try and get it a 'right' as we can. :)

17 hours ago, Derek up North said:

That was just a 1st quickie mark-up, as much to figure out how to use my Pdf program (Foxit). I even did a slightly different v. 2a.

I'd appreciate it if others would suggest other corrections that could be added before making it 'Official'. Let's try and get it a 'right' as we can. :)

OK that is a great idea!

Hi guys 

Got a 21 ft sunrader with the death axle 5 bolt just put new tires on it. Driving across USA. In Florida right now . Got an axle on order from AutoZone. Need to  know if I can get a floater axle between here and Calafornia. The original axle has got 300 thousand on it. Bearing cutting into shaft. Sorry for the long story. I will also need a good shop to install it. Thanks for any help. Robert 

22 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Hi guys 

Got a 21 ft sunrader with the death axle 5 bolt just put new tires on it. Driving across USA. In Florida right now . Got an axle on order from AutoZone. Need to  know if I can get a floater axle between here and Calafornia. The original axle has got 300 thousand on it. Bearing cutting into shaft. Sorry for the long story. I will also need a good shop to install it. Thanks for any help. Robert 

Forget AutoZone, It's the wrong axle shaft. You have a GO82 axle (8"). They no longer make these axle shafts and nobody has them.

If you got 300K and bearing issues, your an accident waiting to happen. I wouldn't drive another foot with your current axle. Try to find someone local to do an axle swap. Your looking at $2-4K for the work. If your close enough to home, have your rig TOWED there.

Thanks Fred I'll see what can be done. Derek seems to have found allot of them. Going to check  them out. Will get back to you guys and let you know what's happening.

Regards Robert Maddocks 

38 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Thanks Fred I'll see what can be done. Derek seems to have found allot of them. Going to check  them out. Will get back to you guys and let you know what's happening.

Regards Robert Maddocks 

If you find a yard for your axle, ask if they will install for you (if close enough to your location). This will save shipping charges and provide a source of supplemental parts if needed. Good luck.

HI guys found it and getting it delivered to new Port Richie $875 and if no problems $400 to $600 installed. Arrives Wednesday. I think there will be extras brakes bearing maybe. Tires are questionable.  Hope it bolts in. Let you know more when it gets here.

Regards Robert Maddocks 

Sorry  thanks Derek your the one that found it. I just bought it.

Yes dual wheels leafs springs tires axle. Thanks for asking. Nervous I usally see it in person. Bought it from a picture. 

Regards Robert Maddocks

now you will also want to get the 1 ton front hubs and another 2 wheels like those on your axle so that you only need to carry one spare tire.

conversely you could get a very expensive lug adpator or carry just a tire and tire spoons along with starter spray to set the bead but that method is for the very strong willed.

Thanks but one nightmare at a time. Reminds me of my 4x4 days. I carry tire plugs for now. 

finally someone else that isn't afraid to use Butyl patch kit. I keep one in every truck I own on the hopes my flat will be a nail or puncture wound thats easy to use the kit on. Its the tire explodes and shreds ones that the spare is truley for.... in which case.. you are still back to the scenerio. Blow outs like that occur on duallies far more on the rears I am told as the nail makes one lose air then they are rubbing together which if unnoticed leads to the walls blowing out.

Used 11 plugs once in one hole to get me to a shop. Not for the faint at heart. 

Going to shop now to see if axle arrived 

Beats me lol.

Axle won't be in till tomorrow sigh. ..

Still waiting delayed. Maybe Friday 

Anyone got drawing of axle makeup 6 bolt 1986 thanks 

This is a Land Cruiser axle but looks almost the same. Big difference is the lug pattern. ours are 6x 7.25. Very big spacing. See the big fat hub that comes out in the middle. That's what your looking for. Regular 4x4 Toyota's have 6 lugs but no big hub in the middle of the rear wheel and smaller lug nut pattern

Linda S

Image result for toyota full float axle

Couple of pics

medium.gallery_6543_380_1670222.jpg.1583

medium.gallery_6543_380_513277.jpg.d7df6