Well we do have proof it never existed. A different axle made by Toyota would have had parts available from Toyota and they don't exist. All axle parts from 1985 match the same part numbers from 1984.

Linda S

On 5/30/2017 at 0:13 PM, linda s said:

Well we do have proof it never existed. A different axle made by Toyota would have had parts available from Toyota and they don't exist. All axle parts from 1985 match the same part numbers from 1984.

Linda S

I have waited years as a member of this forum for this sort of sleuthing right here. I am now complete and can retire my account in peace..... good bye to all it was fun!

WAIT... I see a toy home with a potruding full floater and 5 lugs.... OMG... its incredible! dang it camera take a picture dang phone updates No no nOnONNOOOOOOOo ... it drove away.  Darn. oh well.

On 5/29/2017 at 7:35 PM, Derek up North said:

Can't be edited?

Axle_FAQ 2.pdf

Sorry for the delay. Getting our house ready to sell and moving to Oregon at the same time.

Thanks! Everyone OK with replacing the existing Axle Facts with Derek's?

Yes I think that would be a good idea. People are still getting wrong information and thinking there's some miracle axle out there that they don't have to replace. I have done extensive searches of Toyota parts data bases and there would have been parts or some indication that it was made on Toyota manufacturers site and it just doesn't exist. Even Tika who helped write these first axle facts pages finally agreed but never made the changes on the toyota-campers site. Thank you

Linda S

That was just a 1st quickie mark-up, as much to figure out how to use my Pdf program (Foxit). I even did a slightly different v. 2a.

I'd appreciate it if others would suggest other corrections that could be added before making it 'Official'. Let's try and get it a 'right' as we can. :)

17 hours ago, Derek up North said:

That was just a 1st quickie mark-up, as much to figure out how to use my Pdf program (Foxit). I even did a slightly different v. 2a.

I'd appreciate it if others would suggest other corrections that could be added before making it 'Official'. Let's try and get it a 'right' as we can. :)

OK that is a great idea!