now you will also want to get the 1 ton front hubs and another 2 wheels like those on your axle so that you only need to carry one spare tire.

conversely you could get a very expensive lug adpator or carry just a tire and tire spoons along with starter spray to set the bead but that method is for the very strong willed.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finally someone else that isn't afraid to use Butyl patch kit. I keep one in every truck I own on the hopes my flat will be a nail or puncture wound thats easy to use the kit on. Its the tire explodes and shreds ones that the spare is truley for.... in which case.. you are still back to the scenerio. Blow outs like that occur on duallies far more on the rears I am told as the nail makes one lose air then they are rubbing together which if unnoticed leads to the walls blowing out.

This is a Land Cruiser axle but looks almost the same. Big difference is the lug pattern. ours are 6x 7.25. Very big spacing. See the big fat hub that comes out in the middle. That's what your looking for. Regular 4x4 Toyota's have 6 lugs but no big hub in the middle of the rear wheel and smaller lug nut pattern

Linda S

Image result for toyota full float axle

Couple of pics

medium.gallery_6543_380_1670222.jpg.1583

medium.gallery_6543_380_513277.jpg.d7df6

The end of the stud should have the letter "L" stamped on it. At least on US made vehicles with left hand threads.

Edited by fred heath

1 hour ago, fred heath said:

The end of the stud should have the letter "L" stamped on it. At least on US made vehicles with left hand threads.

It seems to me that people have reported both with and without the 'L'. If you've got LHT studs but didn't get the nuts included in your package, you'll have to consider buying a new set of RHT studs and nuts.

Hi guys thanks for all the input. Axle still in transit. In Tampa now won't be able to get it till Monday afternoon. Shipping in Us sucks. Had more excuses as to why they couldn't  deliver overnight as paided for.  Day 3 ending.

Still driving local only. 300 miles so far

Edited by Cossacks

Hi guys got the axle in to small but 10 inches. Checked all the other's on list  and none left. My size is 49 inches between brake  drums and 39 between perch pads. Thinking of buying AutoZone one and cut to size for now.

Any ideas out a g note for now.

Regards Robert Maddocks 

Got a photo?? All the 1 tons are the same between hubs. The variables are the spring mount pad and the shock mount brackets. Both are easy fixes.

Okay took some pics see if I can upload them. Pics not uploading axle is only 41 inches long must be 4x4. Got a call from alanta Georgia. Going to drive  there  tonight. Sizes are close to mine.  Lesson learned. Left axle at garage no space. If I get to a mall or mcds I will try again.

Regards Robert 

Axles are measured from wheel mounting surface to the same on the other side so outside of the drum. Maybe if you can re-measure it we could figure out what they sent you. So where exactly did you buy this and how was it described. Have you called them yet?

Linda S

Yep called them  tough luck for me. Not the correct  axle. This thing is tiny. USA 1 Canada 0. In Georgia now  will look at another one. Just south of Atlanta now. No WiFi here.

Back online got the correct axle outside Atlanta.  Got a shop to install it today and maybe get it tomorrow night.  My old axle is still working. Nerve racking drive up here, didn't go over 55. Rented a car and room for a couple of days. Dam it was cold up here. Got lots of pics but they don't like to be uploaded. Thanks guys that list did work out after all. The new axle has extra heavy duty springs or helper springs. Look totally different from mine. $800 so far. 

Photo looks right. How about a pic of the "wrong axle". Maybe we can identify it and maybe get you a refund of some kind.

I  told the garage in Florida to dispose of it.  But thanks anyway.  Florida wreckers told me I bought it and no refunds ever. Life lesson learmed. Still can't get the pic to load of it.

I can see why you were so baffled at what you got. That is the strangest axle I have ever seen. Looks like the wheels are attached directly to the differential. At least tell us the name of the salvage yard so we can make sure no one of our members ever buys anything from them again.

Linda S

Last one on Dereks list South Florida Auto wreckers guy name was John. Asked for 2wd and 4 rims. Got 3 and 19 lunches short.  Told no refund. Should be on road tomarrow.  The shop is doing all the mods that are needed. 

Regards Robert

IMG_1516204482318.jpg