Toyota Chinook MPG “Pop Top”

Interior layouts

Dinette

Commercial van

Gaucho

Chassis's

Toyota

Datsun

In some of the pictures I have seen it looks like there may from been 2 different lengths?

Can anyone confirm this?

toyotachinookgaucho_zps21497201.jpg

Gaucho

toyotachinook1977dinette_zps56bcbd55.jpg

Dinette

toyotachinook1977gaucho_zps491e2fd1.jpg

Gaucho

chinook-gazelle-features_zpse2513c10.jpg

some specs

CargoChinook_zpscb36ff93.jpg

And the super rare Cargo "Commercial Van"

This is the only picture i have ever seen of this model, Please post more if you have them!

Please update this list if you have any more or different information.

I really want to find out weather they were offered in two slight different lengths.

Thanks

Lance

dont know if you ever checked this site chinook tin can tourists wiki .the chinooks were made in yakima wa and union gap ajoining towns. my town i rember the shops this site tell a lot of info and says the rights jigs and other things were sold in this year to PHIL RIZZIO owns CRESTON RV IN KALISPELL MONTANA .the company was started here by a man named GARY LUKEHEART

dont have a picture may have seen that rare one whil keep a look out still a few chinooks in this valley . wher did you get that spec sheet in looks to be german

Well there is another one but it's a truck camper. Kind of like a mini Blazer Chalet but for a toyota. It was called a Rascal. Have never seen one but I've been looking. Seems I always miss them cause when one comes up it's gone in a flash

Linda S

some specs

CargoChinook_zpscb36ff93.jpg

And the super rare Cargo "Commercial Van"

This is the only picture i have ever seen of this model, Please post more if you have them!

Please update this list if you have any more or different information.

I really want to find out weather they were offered in two slight different lengths.

Thanks

Lance

That looks like a home-made cut-down Chinook to me that was once mounted on a truck. The Toyota Chinook was offered as a cargo-van. It was a Chinook body on a Toyota truck but empty inside. No bed, seats, or furnace.

I have two Chevy Blazer Chalets that were made by Chinook 1977 versions. Pop-top roofs and shorter then the models that were put on Toyotas. They also have fiberglass floors instead of laminated honeycomb wood like the Toyota Chinooks.

Thank you for the replies so far.

Here is one with a side square window. maybe it is a cargo van model conversion?

http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/galvanizedknight/media/PastedGraphic-1_zpsbe558ef0.png.html'>PastedGraphic-1_zpsbe558ef0.png

That cargo model also had a larger backdoor according to the brochure. I asked the owner of the cargo model mounted to the trailer to send me some more pictures. Which i'll post as soon as I get them

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...