OUCH! My Head...

Tressa

How many of you out there have hit your head getting in and out of the cab of your little RV? Nobody has ever told me that I would become the hunchback of Noterdam getting in and out of my rig. I hit the top of my head so many times in the same spot over the past few days. In fact one time it brought me to my knees...ouch and when I stood back up I hit it again. I am learning to lean over like the hunchback of Noterdam and take several steps out before I stand straight up. At least the bruises on the top of my head are healing. Seriously...is there anybody else besides me?

I have frequently used cartop carriers on my small autos so I am already somewhat used to ducking. That said,I hit it about once a year, my wife two or three.

I enjoy watching everyone else hitting their head getting out of rv...

I Tell them Yeah you hit your head pretty good. you wont be doing that again....

almost as fun as watching people hit A.C unit with head

at 5ft-11 I sneak rite under A.C. "sucks to be you..look at me glide rite through"

How many of you out there have hit your head getting in and out of the cab of your little RV? Nobody has ever told me that I would become the hunchback of Noterdam getting in and out of my rig. I hit the top of my head so many times in the same spot over the past few days. In fact one time it brought me to my knees...ouch and when I stood back up I hit it again. I am learning to lean over like the hunchback of Noterdam and take several steps out before I stand straight up. At least the bruises on the top of my head are healing. Seriously...is there anybody else besides me?

I tell everyone to duck when getting out. they all look at me funny, until they forget to duck. A friend that helped me work on the MH constantly hits his head. He claims that the MH does not like him. I have gotten used to the duck walk when I get out. My wife and I keep saying "quack quack" when we park and get out. It is a personal joke that keeps the headaches away.

Our Micro-Mini's are often referred by other people as "Headbanger's".

Their name calling to us folks makes sense. So, watch out when getting out!

-Riverman77

After about ten times I developed a muscle memory reaction to duck. Don't even have to bat an eye. Now, as for those piano lessons... what year is it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

this one is an oldie but man it is still true. I have to warn everyone. there has got to be a way to make some visual cue. almost want to paint the bottom side of the cabover the yellow and black stripes with warning wrote on it. lol

man, gota be something. old lady about knocks herself out every time we go some place.

better if you are shorter like me still done it myself. but because I live in a high UV area in summer I wear my straw hard head hat LOL. and oh yea I am 5 feet 7 and wife is 5 feet 1 there is something to be said for being short.

"almost as fun as watching people hit A.C unit with head

at 5ft-11 I sneak rite under A.C. "sucks to be you..look at me glide rite through"

I had a friend come over to my Dolphin, and she's 4'10". She commented on how spacious it was, and so much head room.

I was standing there with my head pressed against the ceiling, with the AC about eyebrow level. :)