SIRIUS sattellite radio

Anybody ever installed a satellite radio receiver in your TOY? My Spirit came with a JVC KD-HDR50 radio that is SAT radio capable, so, I was thinking of going in that way, any thoughts or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

You might get one of the portable sat radio receivers.

I have JVC HD radios in my Honda hybrid Civic and in my Toyota 4runner. My girlfriend plugs her portable satellite radio into the input jack on the front of the JVC's. Sometimes she hooks it to my stereo system in the house.

I sometimes plug my windows media device in those jacks to listen to books that were downloaded from my library.

I'd like to put a JVC HD radio in the camper but it is a lot of wires to splice.

You might get one of the portable sat radio receivers.

I have JVC HD radios in my Honda hybrid Civic and in my Toyota 4runner. My girlfriend plugs her portable satellite radio into the input jack on the front of the JVC's. Sometimes she hooks it to my stereo system in the house.

I sometimes plug my windows media device in those jacks to listen to books that were downloaded from my library.

I'd like to put a JVC HD radio in the camper but it is a lot of wires to splice.

thanks

I have Sirius radio and love it.I use it for all camping trips I have a boom-box for outside listing (works great always get a signal) when football season is here I will update campers on their team winning and losing (great camp conversation starter)

I like the portable units because I can use in my house car and rv

I can power the boom-box from my jumper box for 3 to 4 days while camping so don't need battery's

My Sirius radio broke and called to cancel subscription until a bought a new and Sirius customer service gave me a new radio for free (very basic model)pretty good customer service..... installation is very ez 3 wires power (cig lighter)antenna(on dash)audio input cable (plugs into car radio aux) if you get a head unit with Sirius you might want to get pro-install they will have to mount a small antenna box separate from head unit.... I keep Sirius antenna on dash/windshield for ez install

Had XM (Sirus/XM) in my SAAB for awhile but at $17 a month it was not worth it for me. So I cancelled it and now they want me to sign back up for half price. The antenna has to be in clear view of the sky at all times or else you will get drop outs. Also because I live in the Santa Cruz mountains with 2000 foot ridges all around it dropped out all the time. If your radio is sat ready all you need is an antenna and subscription. Do the trial first while you see if it works OK and is what you want. They claim a ton of channels but reality is only a few are going to be of interest to you.

I got in on the ground floor with Sirus xm and bought lifetime membership for a one time charge on cred card of a couple hundred bucks.. for an additional $36 a year they allow me to access sirus from any iphone, ipad etc.

I use it all the time. i can always cancel the itunes app and just use the radio for free anytime i like now though but I wont as i find it useful and still cheaper than rhapsody.