Another funny Forum question.

fred heath

How many members have "pet names" for their toys? And how did the get them?

My 1978 Galavan I've named "Shaggy".

This name is due to the fact the inside was completely covered in blue shag rug. It even came with an AM/FM 8 track in the dash.

My friends and even the garage mechanics now use this name when talking about the mh.

Any other great names out there?

My coach is named Jitters, the first time driving her I was shaky and so was she along with all the new rattles it was a scarey ride, we joked she had the jitters and so did I from driving her so that's what we named her.

I was thinking about Pikachu, the yellow Pokémon that was rejected by all the other humans. At the Hot Springs Habitat for Humanity silent auction, nobody bid on Pikachu except me.

My Toyota Sunrader is named "Baby" cause a jogger on the beach in Santa Cruz stopped cold when she saw it parked between the behemoth motorhomes and said OMG it looks like they had a baby. She's been Baby every since. My Nissan Sunrader had a more agressive look to it and sits higher and has more power so I decided it was a boy so his name is "Buddy".

Linda S

Ours is named Joey, after my wife's world-traveling adventurous grandmother Joanne.

I did, however, own a 1980 diesel vw rabbit during college that was coined "the Sh*tbox" because there was cat crap found under the seat from the previous owner.....but hey at 50mpg I could have cared less.

The origin of Rocket, : full story here:( http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=5087&hl=einsteins#entry32205)

I bought our toy after my 3 year old (at the time) daughter's obsession with Disney "Little Einsteins" cartoon; a cartoon in which the cast of characters always jump into a small vehicle named "rocket" and go cavorting all over the world on adventures and rescue missions many times to places in the USA like the grand canyon etc. Rocket closely resembles an RV to a small child...

What was particularly funny about the cartoon is that "Rocket" is always suffering from a lack of power to go fast enough.. hence the kids are asked to pat their laps and sing for "more Power" this in turns sets the ship into Super-Fast mode where it finally takes off. Man, I tell you with God as my witness no one can ever take away from me the memories of my girls chanting for "more power" in the Appalachian mountains en route to Maine and then thier screams of intoxicated joy as the toy would scream down the hills it had so struggled to get up.
Each summers trips they STILL to this day chant for more power; most notably at Yellowstone this year as rocket REALLY needed some power on some of those passes.

Our Winnebago Warrier is named Toy-Rig. Originally thought of Tuareg - a nomadic tribe in N. Africa, but then decided Toy-Rig was more appropriate.

Ron & Suzanne