Tax deductible Dogs

snail powered

Just a note to those of you who have a full time or part time business. If you have a dog and it helps guard your possessions, such as when you are working and traveling in your RV, the cost of the dog's food, medical bills and other supplies such as grooming, leashes, training and such are tax deductible.

Photo of my guard dog and his best friend (who is about 6' tall). No one messes with my Sunrader or me or my stuff as he takes his job very seriously. There is no way anyone would not understand exactly what this dog is telling them to do....step away from the vehicle.

donbosun.jpg

Great looking dog, what kind is it??/ Don't think I could pull that off with Mary's chiwawa or my bird, the tax accountant is strict. :)

Don't know what his parentage is. He was a stray. Very likely has some pit in him, maybe boxer or rhodesian ridge back too.

He is on the payroll of the guy he is sitting on. His tax accountant is the one who told him to do that.

My Siamese cats would not scare anyone away but they do growl like a dog and alert me when strangers come to the door. Of course if anyone actually knocks on the door they run and hide.They are good car travelers but I have not taken them on a trip in the motorhome yet. I will have to break them in with several weeks of pretend camping trips in the parking lot. Mostly I need to train them not to bolt out the doors when I open them. They have been trained for that behavior (at a house) before where I used a lie down and wait command before opening the outside door but its been a while since we needed to use that routine.

Also, GMAC insurance has a "Preferred Breed" discount on guard dog breeds off of home owners insurance; its a good amount of money too in my case my Sheps gain me a $270.00 discount

But don't some Insurance companies also refuse to insure those with 'dangerous' breeds. I remember a friend who had a problem because he had a 'dangerous' Husky.

These days, I'd imagine the 'Pitbull' would be on that list. Not one of my favorite breeds (I prefer 'fluffier' dogs). I came across the following interesting read recently:-

http://www.ywgrossman.com/photoblog/?p=676

But don't some Insurance companies also refuse to insure those with 'dangerous' breeds. I remember a friend who had a problem because he had a 'dangerous' Husky.

These days, I'd imagine the 'Pitbull' would be on that list. Not one of my favorite breeds (I prefer 'fluffier' dogs). I came across the following interesting read recently:-

http://www.ywgrossman.com/photoblog/?p=676

Funny read, I guess the author hasn't read any of the roaming bands of wild pit bulls killing kids stories as of late. Of course the same liberal media that like to cause anxiety based knee jerk laws into being push these stories just as hard as they push telling people guns are evil and need to be banned and NRA members are satanists. Growing up as a kid I witnessed my neighbors German shep attack a baby sitter because he didn't like that the baby was crying during a diaper change. Second strongest Bite of all dogs; he ripped off one of her buttocks. They ended up having to put him down and were taken to court. Basically any breed can have a bad day; its just that the Pit Bull is Michael Vick's dog of choice and he wasn't using them for baby sitting.

Well, I've fostered around 70 different dogs over the last 3-4 years. Just about all unknown background 'kill pound pulls'. Shepherds, Pinschers, Huskies, even a Pittie and others. Only been bitten twice: Shih Tzus both times. Of course, give the choice, I'll take a Shih Tzu bite over a Pittie.

I have a lot to say on this issue but won't, since its mostly opinion.

I agree that dogs are dogs, but all breeds were bred for specific traits. Pitt bulls have those strong jaws for a reason. My border collie has inherent traits that I did not train into him. No dog would do those things except a herding dog, and they are instinct specific to...well wolves first, but herding dogs second, and no other.

The key to being a responsible dog owner is to KNOW YOUR BREED. Know what it was bred for, its tendencies and capabilities, and cater your care of the dog to that knowledge. The bulldogs I've known have all been sweethearts, but I've seen what can happen when theyre allowed to think THEY'RE the boss.

But for people saying pittbulls should be banned...by that logic, a lot of other breeds should be banned, too, and most of them are worse than pittbulls.

So different breed have tendencies and body/muscle traits bred into them that lend them to certain jobs and behaviors. From there it's up to the owner to lead them on the correct path, and if you choose a breed like pittbull, shephard, pincer etc, youd better be in tune with your animal. Theres a reason pittbulls are capable of so much damage.

They were bred for it.

• 4 months later...

I have a small travelling biz and am happy to know now that my pit bull is tax deduct able!...she too takes her RV duties serious...not to protect me as people love to think, but to protect HER DOGHOUSE...HAHA!

Yup, the cocker spaniel is the 'biting-est' dog...the problem with pits is when they F UP...THEY REALLY F UP! Some of the most unprovoked attacks I have witnessed involved German and Belgian shepherds...my pit loved everyone until she was attacked by an Australian shepherd...kept trying to bite her face...she got fed up and went for its throat...it survived but she now has no tolerance for stupid dogs in her face....except for her boyfriend, Hudson---a miniature dachshund....don't even ask.